Pack your bags - we're going on a GUILT TRIP!

by Scully 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Missed a month of service? 'Techincaly you baptism became invalid'.

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING! She-e-e-sh

Trot

Edited by - Trotafox on 3 September 2002 22:39:37

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

"The brothers in Africa/South America/Indonesia have to WALK miles and miles through heat/cold/floods/pouring rain/gunfire just to get to a Sunday meeting. We have it so easy over here - all we have to do is get in our airconditioned vehicle and drive. Yet they have 100% attendance and today I see only about 50% of you have made it to our spiritual feast."

Yawn.

• dsgal
    dsgal

Sister Pioneer has a nursing baby and SHE is still able to get in 70 hours a month!

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

How about the ones I hear now that I'm not going to the meetings?

"I want you to stand beside me in the new system to greet our parents back from the grave? I want them to wake up and see us both standing here hand-in-hand waiting to welcome them back".

I still choke up when I think of that one. And there's more of these remarks from various family members I've been told to try to "lure" me back to the meetings...as if that is the most important thing that will get me through Armageddon. The sad thing is that the ones saying these things so truly believe they are doing this to "help" me. Its all just so sad!

Had Enough

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Had Enough,

Yep, we've had that too!

Seems to me that it's supposed to work, but I can't for the life of me see how!

All I keep thinking of is the similarity between the fear of Armageddon with the Catholics fear of hell-fire. Reaaly, how are they any different?

Glad you're "unmoved" by them. Be strong.

Cheers, Ozzie

• mustang
    mustang

"You won't get life."

Hey SS: "Missed a month of service? 'Techincaly you baptism became invalid'." Man, I wish!!! I'm over 300 baptism's worth!!! Anybody need any "months"???

The Travel Agent from Hell booked me this Guilt Trip!!!

Mustang

Edited by - mustang on 4 September 2002 2:18:8

• Scully
    Scully

Here's one that a friend's mother used to tell her to try to keep her from doing things with boyfriends that she oughtn't do:

"Brother Franz/Knorr/Rutherford/Russell (or any dead 'anointed' person of their acquaintance) is up in heaven watching everything and keeping an eye on you. Don't ever forget that!"

That thought also kept her from enjoying herself with her husband. I'm sure the thought of Fred Franz watching MY bedroom activities would have been enough for me to lose interest too.

Love, Scully

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

"What will I tell our (dead) parents when we're all in the new system and you aren't there?"

TimB

Sorry, I missed the similar (but much better) post by HadEnough.

Edited by - tyydyy on 4 September 2002 9:2:53

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

((((((((HadEnough)))))))

Love,

Dana

• Scully
    Scully

had enough & tyydyy:

I get something similar too. My grandparents were never JWs, but my parents will occasionally use the resurrection thing with me too.

"At least your grandparents will learn to appreciate that we have The Truth when they're resurrected. What do you want us to tell them when they ask why you aren't there?"

Did anybody ever get the feeling that there were so many rules and regulations and stupid little "principles" to being a JW that you were probably better off dead anyway because there was no way you could do everything perfectly the way the WTS expected??

Seriously, there were times that I actually envied people who died. They didn't have to do any of that busy-work-stuff that JWs are obliged to keep plodding along and doing. The dead were on easy street now. Just sleep, sleep, sleep and voila one day they're all resurrected and perfect and in the New System, while the rest of us have to continue working and slaving away, enduring till the end and surviving Armageddon(tm) IF we're good enough.... and then we have to wait 1000 years to achieve perfection..... only to be TESTED AGAIN?? WTF???

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit