The Meaning of Life

by Crazy151drinker 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Robyn....... doesn't everyone?

• Omega Man
    Omega Man

remember Jehovah can choose not to know an outcome if he so chooses.....

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

but, but what about IF there is a god and his instructions for mankind truely is the bible. The bible tells us that god is a god of love, wisdom, justice, power......bla,bla,bla.

In the meantime as you stated he knows the outcome before it happens, he is NOT love, does not have wisdom (to understand man's suffering), is not a just god, and willfully won't use his power to end the evil creation satan and all mankinds ills.

My conclusion is that there is no god, at least not the one of the bible, and yes I think he is evil and if he is entertaining himself by watching mankind he is a sicko beyond anything I can fathom.

There is no god. The bible is a fable.

bc of the I'll believe when pigs fly class!

• LucidSky
    LucidSky
    So my point comes to this. God already knows the outcome of everything so then why is he going through all the troulbe of Satan+ Jesus, and Armageddon and War, etc..etc...

My answer if I was still a JW:
    God can see the future. But he chooses not to in some cases. So God obviously didn't cause any of that!

My answer if I was still a Christian:God did not create entirely for his own benefit. And sin/evil/suffering benefits those who observe/experience it due to the learning experience. Can you comprehend empathy without ever having to empathize? I think not. Will you avoid evil simply by being told not to? It didn't work the first time.

My answer as an agnostic?God is either amoral or imperfectly moral like us. That is, if "God" exists. Otherwise the meaning of life is whatever you personally make it. Whatever meaning and purpose you attach to life, well, that's the meaning of life. Some people attach no meaning. Not me though.

Edited by - LucidSky on 3 September 2002 23:2:7

• breeze
    breeze

CHEESE....

INSIDE JOKE...were is Joelbear when you need him.....

Were is your blind faith? Without this blind faith much of the bible is unexplainable.....??

God exists but not in the context most humans try to make/mold him into......

God made Earth and now he is waiting for man to screw it up, he will in his time straighten it all out.......but don't get out your calculator and try to figure out when, or if he is Jesus, or if he is at the Kingdom Hall.

Much religion is set to drive man to the control of a few.....POWER....

BREEZE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit