The Meaning of Life

by Crazy151drinker 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Ok, this is going to get a little deep here but bear with me.

All of my reasoning here is going to based on the following assumptions/beliefs

1) God is real

2) God has all knowledge of what was, what is, and what will be (alpha+omega if you will)

Ok.......here we go

If God knows what will be, he obviously knew that Satan was going to rebel. He did nothing about it and let him rebel- thus Satan got the boot.

God knew that Satan would try to trick Adam+Eve and they would fail the 'test'

It obviously wasnt a test because God already knew the outcome!

Ok....so God sends down Jesus to die for our sins. Something he wouldnt have had to do if he didnt kick Satan out in the first place. But he did send Jesus- Something he knew before hand he would have to do.

Ok Now, all of our fates have already been decided. God already knows who will be saved and who will not. Obviously because he knows everything. So no matter what we do, God already knows about it before we do it.

So, whats the point??? Why kick out Satan and kill Jesus when he already knows who will be saved????

It cant be a test of 'those who accept Christ' because God already knows who will!!! How can it be a test if you already know the outcome?????

So my point comes to this. God already knows the outcome of everything so then why is he going through all the troulbe of Satan+ Jesus, and Armageddon and War, etc..etc...

Entertainment. Thats right. God is bored. What else is there for him to do???

Now I know some smart ass is going to say "how could he find it entertaining if he already knows whats going to happen?" Simple: How many people have seen starwars more than once? For that matter, how many people have seen ANY movie more than once? Why did you watch it again? You already KNEW what was going to happen! Simple, you liked the movie and found it to be ENTERTAINING! No dont give me this "God would never find suffering and death entertaining!" Who here has seen Titanic? Saving Private Ryan? Platoon? The Color Purple? Black Hawk Down? etc etc!! All were about Suffering and DEATH and yet we love those Movies!!

So there we go folks. The meaning of our existence. God finds us entertaining....

*note to Farkel- I realise that you dont buy any of it as its a "fairy tale" so this post wasnt addresed to you! MAD MAGAZINES are the TRUE meaning of life!! *

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

What is the Meaning of Life?

Awnser: 42

Refer to your "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" manual.

Edited by - thichi on 3 September 2002 14:57:51

• Francois
    Francois

I thought that was "Shaving Ryan's Privates" but then I'm fairly dyslexic when I wanna be. I think you forgot to figure free will into your equation. So go back and start over and include free will in there and see what wha happens?

francois

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Hey 151! Well Done!!!!

This has been the exact point I've always argued. Even as a child of about 10 years old, I used to ask these questions. Never got a decent answer though.

One more is..... If Adam and Eve were created perfect, how could have sinned?

The answer I always got was that they were created with free will. Free will or not, it doesn't matter, perfect people don't sin. Jesus didn't sin, he was perfect. We were taught that in the new system we would grow to perfection, therefore never sinning.

So you are right. What was the point of "testing" Adam and Eve if he already knew the outcome? And If they were perfect?

p.s. They had no concep of sin either. It had never been done, there was no precedence. And if you want to get technical...... Satan's challenge of God would have been the original sin, not Adam and Eve's, as the bible calls them the original sinners.....

JMO

<chevy>

• RandomTask
    RandomTask
    So go back and start over and include free will in there and see what wha happens?

AHH! Chaos theory! I think my brain just exploded!

Really though why must we constrain ourselves to the notion that if there is a God that he necessarily has to be omnicient? Cant he (or she) just be a more powerful being who is capable of creating Humans, but he knows as much about the future as we do?

Anyway, for me, the meaning of life is simply to get the most enjoyment possible out of it. I know I am given a short time here and I just want to make sure that short time is fulfilling.

Cheers!

• dsgal
    dsgal

Maybe we are pawns in a game between God and satan.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

dsgal:

Sure, I could go for that -in a literal sense! Even though I tend to think we are ants in one huge ant farm.....ever own one? Hours of entertainment, now figure in 6 Billion ants and a couple of wars and wham-God is having Fun!

Random:

Thats where fact 2 comes in. If you dont buy fact 2 (or 1 for that matter) then the argument is void. I am basing this on the concept that God knows EVERYTHING.

Francios:

There is no Free Will if God already knows what your going to do. You might think your doing something that is Free, making choices and such, being 'Tested' in life, but if the answer is known before you do it there is no test. It doesnt matter how many choices I am randomly given if my answer to those questions is already known (before the questions are even given!).

Thi:

If I remember correctly the earth is supposed to be some program to answer the question, but we get blown up........ hence the question doesnt get answered..........

CHEV!

Love indeed! Im not suggesting by in anyway that we shouldnt try to be Christ like or anything, its just that what we do is already known. So whats the point of it all! If God didnt want us to have all of these problems he would have gotten rid of them a long time ago! Everyone always says that hardships are a test of our faith- but I say it cant be a test if God already knows the outcome! So all that leaves is- Entertainment!!! *drool*

Edited by - crazy151drinker on 3 September 2002 17:14:11

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I don't mean to start any blasphemous rumors, but I think that God's got a sick sense of humor...... and when I die, I expect to find him laughing

• Robdar
    Robdar

The meaning of life?

The answer is we are food for the gods. When the gods throw a barbeque, we are the food. The gods all get together and eat a few souls/spirits, have a few beers and talk about the latest scores in the battle between good and evil. Much like we do about football games.

Robyn

Edited to add a PS: " don't mean to start any blasphemous rumors, but I think that God's got a sick sense of humor...... and when I die, I expect to find him laughing"

Chevy that is a great quote. So, you like Depeche Mode?

Edited by - robdar on 3 September 2002 18:2:30

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Im telling you he has one hell of a laptop and he's been playing SimCity for a loooong time......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit