WT Nov 4 Study Article - Damage Control??

by Tish 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

Watchtower(GB)as far as I'm concerned,is a very part of the AntiChrist system.Just check out Luke 24:39 for example.Christ says Himself that He is not a Spirit,yet the Watchtower Followers say it's not in there and run to another scripture.Why it even says it in the NWT 1970 edition.And in Jeremiah 23:5,6,says that Jesus is called Jehovah.(NWT 1970 edition)

Instead of telling a JW that they are wrong,I bring it to the JW's attention that the Watchtower says it.That way JWs may see it for themselves how the Watchtower errors.On the other hand many may defend a religion instead of Jesus.I perfer to defend Christ,then any one religion.

The reason why many Witnesses defend the Watchtower,instead of Christ,is you can't touch or see physically Christ,but you can man.Like in the day of Moses,Isreal made false idols not because they couldn't trust God,but because Isreal wanted a god they could see and touch.Even though Isreal saw the Power of God,knew the power of God,they longed to create a god they could control,they thought.Isreal still wanted their own way.Watchtower does the same thing.

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

FrankRaven

Even though Isreal saw the Power of God,knew the power of God,they longed to create a god they could control

I agree with you, Watchtower owns God, apparently they negotiated for the Intellectual Property Rights of God over a number of years. Now he belongs to WTS and whatever WTS instructs him to speak he does. I believe they got the idea from Michael Jackson, remember how surprised we were to find out he owned the rights to the Beetles and Elvis Presley?

Edited by - Nanoprobe on 12 September 2002 22:15:38

• patio34
    patio34

Farkel said:

This is typical Watchtower rhetoric. Imputed motives without any proof, unnamed critics, unnamed "lies," and unnamed "evidence" for these lies.

They are afraid to address specific evidence levied against them. It's always safest to generalize, while making their loyal readers think they are saying something important. They aren't.

That is such an excellent analysis of almost everything the WT writes, especially in recent years. It's bland and ambiguous.

Pat

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

Did you notice the taboo they once again place on e-mail/internet? Since this seems to be an effective means of reaching a large amount of people fairly easily, no wonder they are starting to give e-mail/internet a bad name. Slowly put it into the minds of the Dubs that anything placed on or abtained via these means needs to be questioned. Soon anything found on the computer will be completely false and a means of Satan to test our faith. Where do these idiots get this obsurd thinking from? Even when information is on news sites or official pages this will be viewed as satan's information. (I forgot the fact that anything non-JW is Satan oriented, Sigh)

Actually, when I told my parents of some of the stuff I've learned, they immediately asked, "where did you get that information, the internet?" My parents don't even have a computer.................it's already begun folks.

I think they're really starting to panic. How much more can they shelter their followers? Will they soon all move to the Patterson farm so that they have NO contact with "the world"? They are definately gearing up to have the Dubs disregard the massive protest that's going to come right to their front door via Silentlambs. You can bet nearly every Borg member, after reading this article, will apply it to the march on the 27th. Fortunately this is cult specific material only. It means nothing to non-dubs.

INTERNAL DAMAGE CONTROLL ONLY! Go LAMBS!

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Notice this contradiction:

And instead of questioning Gods Word, how much wiser it is to have the attitude of the first-century Bereans who examined the Scriptures closely! (Acts 17:10,11)

How can you sincerely examine without questioning what you are being told? Sadly, crap like this wont even faze the average DUB!!

Boozy

• Flip
    Flip
    Where do these idiots (Watchtower Organization) get this obsurd thinking from?

I agree TTB, the Watchtower has, during a hundred years of marketing to Jehovahs Witnesses, learned how to maintain the depths of useful adherents unquestioning trust while deploying a smoke screen of anonymity that detracts attention from most everyone else.

What appears to be written by idiots on the surface, are exquisitely designed products manufactured to confuse only two intended audiences, current Jehovahs Witnesses living under the weight of disfellowshipping and individuals or organizations somewhat unfamiliar with actual Watchtower Corporation policy.

I sincerely doubt that former Jehovahs Witnesses and interested scrutinizers have ever been tracked on the Corporations radar screens as targets requiring correction or response.

It would be a complete waste of the Corporations financial resources to try and convince an individual or group who is already convinced otherwise.

However, remaining attentive to negative or positive Watchtower Society policy/publication reviews and preparing countermeasures or enhancements that could dull the senses of current Jehovahs Witnesses, would be time well spent for the Watchtower Corporation.

PS Boozy, you beat me to it, that quote jumped right out at me.

Edited by - Flip on 13 September 2002 1:24:12

• Dia
    Dia

Someone (you or they) wrote 'guideless'. I'm sure they meant that to be 'guileless'.

A perfectly perfect freudrien slip!

Of course they're pissed and determined. What's a rapist to do when you take away all the 'rapees'?

It's not like they could just change over to basket-weaving.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Most definitely Damage Control and SO EASY to see it "from out here." But as a dub, as I've said before, NEVER had a clue, and such "warnings" in the litter-chure merely instilled more fear of those "bad people on he outside."

LOL! Dia re: basket-weaving.

Frank wrote:

Watchtower(GB)as far as I'm concerned,is a very part of the AntiChrist system.Just check out Luke 24:39 for example.Christ says Himself that He is not a Spirit,yet the Watchtower Followers say it's not in there and run to another scripture.Why it even says it in the NWT 1970 edition.And in Jeremiah 23:5,6,says that Jesus is called Jehovah.(NWT 1970 edition)

FRaven, Luke 24:39, where Jesus appeared to the disciples after he was resurrected, and they were freaked about it, thinking they were seeing a spirit, so Jesus convinced them to look at the marks in his hands/feet saying that a spirit would not have such flesh and bones as he had right there on the spot. (NWT 1970 and it is also in the 1984 NWT Reference Bible). Are you trying to show the JWs that Jesus was never a spirit before or after that visit to the disciplies? When he was resurrected, wasn't he resurrected in the spirit, but had to materialize in a fleshly form in order to be "seen" by the disciplies? And when he eventually ascended up into heaven, somewhere along the way he obviously cast aside that flesh & bones because flesh cannot enter into heaven. I'm not sure I follow you. -- And re: Jeremiah 23:6, the 1970 NWT & 1984 Ref.Bible both say the "righteous sprout" would be called 'Jehovah Is Our Righteousness.' Are you understanding that to mean Jesus and Jehovah are the same person?

Just curious.
    Grits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit