Do you think that some Ex-Jw's

by kenpodragon 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Opppsss ... one of those mysterious double posts again.

Edited by - Amazing on 3 September 2002 9:37:37

• minimus
    minimus

I posted a subject on how MOST people really don't change. This is one example.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I'm new to this posting stuff,but I just had to say I loved xena's response!

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Hey, Kenpo...was gonna drop you a line because I'm wanting to know if it's a boy or a girl?

As to your question...well, one time I posted my response to a thread that others deemed "shocking" that I'd even continue the discussion. I found it sorta funny because I usually sit back and don't enter into those argumentative threads, but guess I took the bait by responding. As I saw it, it was ok for some to have their say, but not others. I thought it smacked of the double standard...I can - you can't....shame, shame, shame. Had enough of that growing up so just stopped posting, period.

As for people in general, guess it would be a rather dull and boring existence (like JW) if everyone thought and acted alike. When I tire of someone trying to convince me of their being the "right man" I simply take leave. And when I'm right, I'm right. That is unless something happens that makes it necessary to change my mind...and it does happen, but not often.

I don't believe any human is 100% correct in our observations/perceptions. But it is ours to own and that's where self responsiblity comes into play. Most humans react on an emotional level so maybe that's where the problem, if it is a problem, can arise from. Our now deceased friend was one of those who would argue for sake of argument...he thrived on it. But in the end that lifestyle took it's toll on his physical well being. He really thought most people were ignorant and unwilling to shift their perception in light of any evidence that went contrary to their perconceived ideals. And I think that perhaps he was correct in that summation. Ignorance is bliss.

So, people are just gonna do what they are gonna do. We can either play along or leave it alone. It doesn't make one better than the other...just individualism at work. Too, just getting older takes away the necessity for always needing the last word. It's called maturity. One day maybe I'll rank up there myself.

Cheers...granny

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Beck

Yeah, that is me ... Am I brave showing myself online?

• SYN
    SYN

KenpoDragon: I disagree with you!

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I never argue.

But cheese?!?! Common! Every body knows that tuna is the best piza topping!

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Never tried tuna, did not even know it was a option.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hmm best top would have to be a wet t-shirt.......oh topping....uhhhhhh pepperoni?

• Xena
    Xena

Thank you bittersweet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit