Do you think that some Ex-Jw's

by kenpodragon 22 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Do you think that some Ex-Jw's still hold to the type of thinking of active JW's. In that they like to argue every single point out to the point that the other side does not even care anymore, and wonders why anyone even took it that far. I am not quoting any exact example, but I have been on enough sites to know that there always seems to be a few who like to do this on all sites. What I wonder is, why? Is such a thing productive, or just some form of healing their own minds? I am presenting this a question of wondering what you think when this happens. I am not speaking about arguing scripture, I am talking about people who will ever argue about what is the best Pizza topping! (Which as we all know is cheese )

My thought

Dragon

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

As a non-jw (not jw or ex) I haven't really noticed that strongly coming through, but I have noticed that 'altered' jws are still willing to put forward tripe from the storehouse before they give up - not a noticable behaviour with the exes.

One thing I do notice with many ex-jws is that sometimes they will recognise some truth of scripture and then their mind will actively clam up and back away, particularly when a comfort zone is impeached, and perhaps when outer body ideas are considered.

I hope I'm not offending the board members with this criticism, but even ex-jws seem to prefer to keep scriptual understanding at the history / who's who fact level, where everyone has flesh and there will literally be a one thousand year reign coming. Very hard to lift an ex-jw into the spirit realm - if they're still dragging the chain. They've been drummed that anything to do with spirits is 'evil'. I suppose for jws, demons are real people but good spirits are just an "it".

Flesh and blood will not inherit the kingdom of God

paduan

Edited by - A paduan on 3 September 2002 2:32:48

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Arguing for the sake of arguings sake! I think there are some people who are constantly disagreeable...and then again, there are some people who are easily vexed. There are two different categories...some argue for 'sport'...for whatever reason...some argue for a specific reason...however they do it at the drop of a hat.

I don't know which category I fit into...you tell me and we'll argue about it

Hey Kenpo that new profile pic of yours is distracting....is that you? You're sizzling!! Geez!

Edited to say that I do not exclude myself from the above categories as some posters tend to do. Its easy to point the finger at others without looking at our own behaviour...I hope to avoid doing this.

Beck

Edited by - beck_melbourne on 3 September 2002 7:28:28

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

IMO any guy who believes in cheese has to be OK!

'Owyergoin' Kenpo?

Now what were we saying? Oh yes, I remember, I think you have a point about the argumentativeness, like wanting to have the last word. Mrs Ozzie can be like that!!!!

I guess many of us are still fresh from the borg and have yet to put on "a new personality" that belongs to freedom.

Give it time.

Cheers, Ozzie

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

Dragon

This is a very good thread, I find that there are people on this site to numerous to mention who only focus on the negative, in other words you will have more response from an abuse/scandal/slanderous type of thread than a good old fashioned positive thought. Take a look at the thread regarding the woman who ran into the garden screaming for example to know what I mean

Exactly like the newspapers focusing on the negative. To be frank with you some of the comments leave me stone cold

Martin

• Celtic
    Celtic

Hello Kempodragon

I agree with your sentiment raised and have indeed brought up the same point in times gone by myself.

The trouble and/or point is, what a fruitless exercise this is when others conduct themselves in such manner. Sometimes I am left to ponder upon the sanity and reality of these posters. Deceiving themselves that they are completely over all the issues but simply reinstating the same attitude just utilising different tools / mechanisms / triggers and disturbingly, not recognising the impact of these negative comments upon the reader of such at the other end of the monitor somewhere else in the world. Sad but true.

Makes you wonder just how much effort truly is being put into releiving oneself of the old imprinted patterns of behaviour, perhaps though, this be but a natural trait on the part of these ones, who albeit being strongly programmed, do not want to be taken out of their comfort zone, and face up to the real person in residence behind the mask, put upon the forefront of their personality. Perhaps an inate fear holds them to this course, rather than reflexively transforming themselves gently into their true art form, of living life, positively and productively, not only unto themselves, but also towards others around them.

Remain well and balanced my friend.

Celtic Mark - Cornwall UK

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Without a doubt. I hope other viewers get to 'seriously' read Celtic's and martinleyshon posts.

Guest 77

• Xena
    Xena

Well speaking as a repressed JW woman who was never allowed to disagree with a brother...I would have to say sometimes it is an exercise in new found freedom of expression.

Also it takes two to argue....just tell me I am right and then we can both get on with our lives

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Flesh and blood will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Palduan,

No they will not so no one will simply walk in as the Watchtower teaches. But immortal human beings that have been changed, or resurected will. And they will live here on earth. That is why an impeccable source said:

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

You see this is where He will be. And this is where He will rule in His Kingdom. This is where the throne of David exists.

Joseph

P.S. Some people simply cannot stand it when they are sucessfully challenged. They want their way with you to guide you into a bigger mess than you left.

Edited by - JosephMalik on 3 September 2002 8:36:54

Edited by - JosephMalik on 3 September 2002 8:43:15

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Martin:

Do you think that some Ex-Jw's still hold to the type of thinking of active JW's. In that they like to argue every single point out to the point that the other side does not even care anymore, ...

I don't think that active JWs, ex-JWs are that much different than never-JWs. Some people just like to argue for the sake of arguing.

The only time I find myself engaged in exhaustive debate is when someone wrongly goes after my mood, emotions, or motives, falsely accusing me, and making silly-assed attacks that are irrelevant to the topic ... only then I tend to duke it out

The problem some have is that they make personal attacks on others, doing so from the position of not knowing the person they attack ... and I find that type of person to be most offensive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit