We're busier than ever !

by Simon 31 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

Well, despite some 'doom and gloom' predictions of our imminent demise, last week was the busiest ever for the site in terms of visits with just a few short of 52,000 beating even the Dateline and Panorama weeks ! (I think quite a few who found us then have stuck around).

A quick tally of the thread viewed counts shows that they have now been viewed over 9.5 million times ! (this is just threads, discounting all the other page views)

I'm pretty pleased that the site manages to cope with all this traffic (easily!) and, since I made some recent changes, we still have quite a bit of capacity (both space and bandwidth) for future growth if needed.

Many thanks to everyone for continuing to visit despite some of the recent unpleasantness / hostility. I take the increased viewing figures and many registrations as a sign that most people prefer a more civilised forum which is encouraging.

BTW: Hope all the numbers and talk of 'peaks' and 'growth' doesn't remind you too much of a year-book!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Simon

Thanks for all the work you do in keeping this site up. I'm sure it will continue to grow & help many get the real "Truth"

Dismembered

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It clearly fills a need. I am aware, too, of the even greater numbers who are not "on-line". If we compare the numbers who have left the borg with the numbers posting to boards, there must be a great number who do not feel the need, or perhaps they have not yet "lurked". It's good that there is a place for them to visit one day.

Cheers, Ozzie

• ballistic
    ballistic

52000 visits? there must be someone here apart from me!!!!?

• ISP
    ISP

That is cool. It sure doesn't look like we have suffered despite the exit of some posters.

ISP

• Simon
    Simon

I was thinking on my way home of what percentage of JWs are 'online'.

Although there are 6 million JWs, I don't think there is really a potential audience of 6 million because from these there must only be a small fraction online (even in the developed countries) as there are a lot of old ones, low income families, people who listen to the WTS and avoid it etc... and that is before you even take into account countries where the internet isn't 'BIG' yet.

Say the average was 5 in 1,000 witnesses ... that would mean there is a potential audience of just 30,000

(check my math though! 6,000,000 / 1,000 * 5)

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

HMMMm.

So like The watchtower org with its 1975 prophecy, you equate organizational growth with divine approval !

• ballistic
    ballistic

Do you remember those old threads we used to get asking if jehovahs-witness.com was a fair name for a predominently ex-witness site? Well I was just wondering if other web sites get mail or posts asking them if their site's names are fair considering their main subject is in fact not jehovah's witnesses, but JEHOVAHS-WITNESS.COM

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

"And the small one , will become a mighty nation."

Good for you Simon on the growth of your " baby"!!!! I know things have been heated alot here lately and have no doubt caused you alot of stress, but this site has served alot of good for so many people. I always look at the amount of people on the site and I can see the numbers growing. The more that come here , even lurkers , will in time cause the downfall of the WT. I think that the other ExJW boards will do the same, I hate that so many have had misunderstanding or whatever anyone wants to call them, but united we stand , divided we fall. Hopefully in the big picture, we can all see that dispite personal differences , we ( EX JW's ) are a growing ever stronger group.

• LB
    LB

Imagine that. We will collaspe here, yet we get bigger. Another failed prophecy.

I've cruised the other site and it is going well it appears. I'm am grateful for that site too. It's a place where they can all run and bitch about each other, and us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit