How will you commemorate the anniversary of 9/11?

by Kenneson 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

I was thinking of flying out west.

SS

• TexSham
    TexSham

I will also be thinking about how the Islamic extremists want the US to attack Iraq, to unify the Arab world, so they may use the WMD against the reluctant europeans rather than the more difficult target US.

• surferdude
    surferdude

i will try to avoid all the hype and attention that people and the media are going to put on it!!!!

people are WAY,WAY too into anniversaries and dates..... the only people that should really worry or care about it are the people that were injured or lost a friend or relative, but the media has hyped it all the way up to a national spectical. the president and the military are just as wrong to have killed even ONE innocent person in another land (but many have been killed).

• TexSham
    TexSham

surferdoodoo, wha't the advantage of protecting the innocents they beguile into protecting them when you allow them to unleash WMD on your own citizens?

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

My office wardrobe is all purple, gray and black -- so I'll dress in black from head to foot, and wear a red, white & blue peace pin like the one in my profile pic.

gentlyferal

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

At work there is an event early in the morning to coincide with the time that the first 911 call went out. There will be a moment of silence followed by the singing of America the Beautiful by the company choir.

The company will set up TVs so employees can watch some of the coverage.

I may go to the morning event but I intend to stay away from TV the whole day. My family will attend a special church service on Wednesday evening. We will also be doing some voluntary work the weekend prior but we do that each month anyway and not because Mr. Bush said we should.

Thirdson

I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news that a plane had crashed in to the World Trade Center. It was just before 8:00 AM (CST) when it was announced as breaking news on Minnesota Public Radio (KNOW - 91.1 FM). I guess if I get to work early on the 11 I won't have to re-live that moment during my commute.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Can you believe the Unemployement office is making me come in on Sept 11th to show them the proof I've been looking for work. ;P

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'll be out in the field training soldiers to fight the enemy, we will have a brief and simple memorial observance.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Put our flag up, hug my kids and say a prayer for those killed on that tragic day, and a prayer for those defending our country today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit