How will you commemorate the anniversary of 9/11?

by Kenneson 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

1. Attend a prayer service

2. Stay at home and watch the T.V. specials

3. I plan to travel

4. Participate in ministry or give to charity

5. I'll treat it as any day

Personally, I intend to work at the Soup Kitchen as I normally do. But I heard that many people will have their car headlights on that day, so I can do that as well. Also, some people will wear red, white and blue--and I can do that too. Plus, at noon I intend to say a prayer for the families of the victims.

Anyone else care to share?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

The local radio stations in my area have banned together (which is unusual due to their competitiveness) and asked that in honor of 911 everyone drive during the daytime hours with their auto's headlights on. I plan to do that. I'm also going to wear red, white and blue.

bc

• Mulan
    Mulan

I will be at Disneyland with Princess and the kids. We plan to wear special shirts.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I will buy my wife a gift and flowers and take her out to eat at a nice restaurant just like it was our anniversary.

gb

• TexSham
    TexSham

Hopefully, I'll be watching the U.S. Military bombing Irag back to the stone age.

• freeman
    freeman

I will likely be at my job, there is a memorial service planed.

Im sure this will be a sad day of reflection for many of us, myself included.

And as of September 12, any high-tech weapons and defense related stock should be going up. While Im at work, I will be making sure that the great increase in military cargo and air traffic bound for the Middle East gets there safely. Oops, did I give a secret away? Naa, you knew that already.

The Watchtower should make a killing on their military related stock; quite literally a killing.

Seriously, I pray to whatever god will listen that the loss of life on all sides be kept to the bear minimum; God help us.

Freeman

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Glad you asked this, I am not quiet sure everything I plan on doing.

I did wonder if everyone would drive with the headlights on, glad to know to do this. We did this a few years ago in town when a local police officer was gunned down, out of respect , left behind 2 small daughters. It felt good to be part of the caravan of strangers who felt it in their heart to honor someone they didnt know, but felt the sadness of such a tragedy.

So I will be driving with my lights on , and plan on buying a big American Flag, to wave in the breeze while driving my big black truck all over. Which will by the way, be seen by all the JW's around. I D/A myself a few weeks ago and this is going to be wonderful to be free to show my pride for my country and respect for those who died and their grieveing families. It will feel so good to be part of this, as it still hurts to watch all the goings on Tv about this.

I am sure our whole family will be watching TV and hoping not to get boomed again. It does make sense to have a day of rememberence, it helps even the children to see how precious life is. And it is very sad to me all the lives that are lost on the other side, it is not fair, but I am proud to be in a country we were are free compare to other countries.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Quietly remembering the day no one could possibly forget.

Mimilly

• Perry
    Perry

Praying for our President to make wise decisions concerning our safety.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I'll be working all day. But, since almost every guy I work with and the few women too, are fairly conservative, I'm sure we will have discussions and play arm chair generals as to what could be done to continue dealing with the matter.

While I'm here, though. I would like to remind everyone that while this attack took place on Amercian soil, it was much more than just an attack on America. Many nations were represented and had citizens in those twin towers. I've said it before and I'll say it again, all the nations need to come together and put political bickering aside and defeat this threat of worldwide terrorism. You cannnot negotiate with these people. The only way to defeat it is to destroy it. Their next target may be Buckingham Palace, the Kremlin, the oil fields of Saudi Arabi or any other other place they so choose. Worldwide complacency is their best ally!

Lew W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit