What instructions came with the new brochure?

by dubstepped 28 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    sowhatnow8 minutes agobut i thought it was jesus who we were to have faith in? is it not he that was given all the judging? is it not his name we should call on for salvation? hmm was it not he who was given the right to rule?

I am very confused by the WBT$...they say two opposing things and want us to believe both.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

These days, you'd need a whole 'nother brochure just to understand the instructions in a new brochure.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

punkofnice - "I am very confused by the WBT$...they say two opposing things and want us to believe both.."

Cognitive dissonance...

...it's not just a psychological effect... it's a way of life.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    J.W. : Have a new brochure to reach out for those who have strayed for one reason or another .
    Me : Oh no here we go ,I`m going to be inundated with brochures from family and former friends trying to get me back into the organization .
    A few months pass and I have not received one brochure .
    Me : What ?, I haven`t even received one brochure from anybody , friend , or relative , nobody has sent me a brochure , what`s wrong with me ? Why haven`t I received one ?
    smiddy

^^^This^^^ is exactly why I asked this question. My wife and I had a bet on how many we would receive. She thought ten. My guess was two, one sister that kind of stalks us and I figured a wildcard. So far we're both high on the guess since it is zero, but one person did attempt to befriend my wife on Facebook and someone else asked her if we were at the convention through social media right after the talk. Still, actually doing something and bringing us the brochure hasn't happened yet. I could have written the above Smiddy. We can't decide if we want to get them to know someone cares, or if we should just hope for the continuing success of our fade.

And as someone else mentioned, you get a free judgement with every brochure. How kind of them! Because, as we all know, they are the possessors of God, and leaving them means leaving him, so they know where everyone stands. There's really no need for Christ to judge at some point. JW's have already done it for him.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't expect to receive one, if I was offered one I think I would say "No thank you, I don't have to return to Jehovah, I never left Him".

I think that reply would be met by the "Deer in the Headlights" look.

The old Dubby brain would know they had no rejoinder that did not leave them wide open.

• steve2
    steve2
    If there were truth in advertising, the brochure would be titled, "Return to the Kingdom Hall".
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    Exactly what Phizzy wrote, the right response should be "How in the world would you know if I left Jehovah? Does the WTBTS "own" Jehovah?" And this response should be used no matter what you believe about the Hebrew desert God.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Does the WTBTS "own" Jehovah?"

In their minds they own the exclusive rights of approach to the "Heavenly Father". If you reject the WTS, you have rejected God and turned to Satan.

The Brochure is a sop . it says that if you have stopped then you have something in your craw (unjustified) ..It is all about you, never them.

• steve2
    steve2

The GB mantra:

"No one gets to Jehovah except through us"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit