JW's DO eat Blood

by Yerusalyim 25 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Why is it that JW's are so big on this NO BLOOD thing, yet still eat blood in their meat? The dubs I know claim to "Cook out" the blood, but this in NO WAY meets biblical standards. In fact the way meat is slaughtered doesn't come close to meeting Kosher requirements in the bible. The way the Orthodox Jews do it, the throat is sliced and blood drained, the meat is soaked in water, and then the meat is salted to draw out the remaining blood. Any Dubs or ex dubs care to explain why the JW's don't meet Kosher requirements?

• Scully
    Scully

Evidently THAT part of the Mosaic Law was abolished when Jesus died.

Love, Scully

• freeman
    freeman

Yerusalyim ,

The very fact that you see this contradiction is a clear indication of your improper heart condition. Do you not know, the Faithless and Deceitful Slave is in charge of not only providing food at the proper time, but also providing the correct understanding ONLY to loyal followers? Yes the truth is hidden from the unbelievers, you heathen.

Since you dont understand the reasoning of the Faithless and Deceitful Slave, and you refuse to Wait On Jehovah, you will not be allowed to rain as a King and Priest when Jehovah blesses his people by killing 99.9% of the planets population, which is of course the Good News Jesus was talking about.

Put away your logic and reason , just do as you are told, its for your own good, trust us.

Poor bastards

Freeman

Edited by - freeman on 2 September 2002 14:42:40

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

They don't really want to be seen to do anything physical that's like someone else's religion. And, deaths do provide them with the proof of zealousy that many people require for their own proof - hence, sacrifice becomes more important than kindness, more important than anything.

paduan

Edited by - A paduan on 3 September 2002 3:14:38

• simplesally
    simplesally

In a Watching the World item, it was stated that hot-dogs contained blood. It was part of the "meat by-products" and it said a conscientious Christian would investigate the ingrediants of the hot dogs they buy. So, I started buying kosher hot-dogs ..... Hebrew Nationals. A couple other witnesses I knew did the same thing. What bothered me is that it was such a little article in the back of the Awake! If not eating blood was the big deal then it should have been a much more pronounced article!

• butalbee
    butalbee

They are hypocrites.

• Matty
    Matty

The bible often speaks of how lovely eating the marrow of the bone is doesn't it? It doesn't attract me too much, just leave that stuff for the dogs I say. But where in the hell do they think blood is made then?

• Liberty
    Liberty

You are sooo right. We've talked about this here before but it's good to bring it back up for the newbies. When I pointed this obvious contradiction up when I was a JW child I was told by my parents to, " stop being ridiculous!" in a very harsh you-shut-up tone. But I think we all know who is really being idiotic and hypocritical about the whole blood thing. JWs would rather die than take a drop of blood in a transfusion, a practice never mentioned in the Bible, but will happily eat blood on a dailey basis in their unkoshered meats, which is clearly what the Bible was prohibiting. I've been to JW cook outs where the Elders were munching down on an improperly slaughtered steak with blood running out all over the plates as they dutifully kept the flock "clean" by enforcing the Society's anti-transfusion lunacy without giving it a second thought. I've alway thought that if we had to die in order to avoid tranfusions then, at the very least, the Society should have required that JWs eat kosher meats or meats processed by following the Biblical rules. There is a reason Jews won't eat meat from your run of the mill slaughter house since throats are not slit and the blood is not drained as per scriptural instructions.

• showme
    showme

Freeman
    At no point did you even begin to answer the question. which would lead one to believe you do not know an answer. Name calling makes a man look ignorant. Wouldn't it be a better Idea to try and find the answer to the question, rather than slander a possible convert?
    The 99.9% of the population that you said will be destroyed upon the return of Jesus. Is that found in the Bible? Where does this number come from? Also, You say to just shut up and do as your told. Good Idea? Remember Hitler? His followers shut up and did as they were told too. If eating blood is a concern, and you do it accidentally. wouldn't you like to know so you can correct the problem?

• alamb
    alamb

I had a Bible study ask me that...How could we eat meat from the grocery store if we had no way of knowing if it was properly bled?

I had no idea what to say. One of those things you hurry and try to forget, lest we think too much and use our brains!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit