Down On The Farm / More Pics

by Englishman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Here's some pics from Bonny Scotland.

This is the family farm, near to Dumfries. The stone circle was a gift to my Brother-in-Law from his wife Maggie. It's supposed to be some sort of energy absorbing centre, you sit on the rock in the middle and meditate. The local people call it the Stone Clitoris.

Here's my ugly mug again, but this time with Dart, who is a .........................type of dog? Ha ha, I have asked this one once before!

Here's Her Ladyship with one of the many horses on the farm, this one is often used for ploughing, any guesses as to it's breed?

Hope you liked 'em!

Englishman.

Edited by - Englishman on 31 August 2002 15:34:6

• meat pie
    meat pie

Lovely pics Eman, Is the horse a Suffolk Punch. ( I'm only guessing)

Also , does the wind turbine belong to the farm? My husband and friend recently built a Cretan wind turbine from scratch, like Junkyard Wars, it works!

It looks really nice there, we used to live in Cumbria, not far.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Nice pics, thanx for sharing them. The name of the stone made me laugh (at least what the locals call it--LMAO).

• Englishman
    Englishman

Meat Pie,

Also , does the wind turbine belong to the farm? My husband and friend recently built a Cretan wind turbine from scratch, like Junkyard Wars, it works!

Yes, it does belong to the farm, the whole thing is an organic business, wind-power is reckoned to be an essential for Greenies.

Try again on the horse!

Where in Cumbria, do you know Arnside, I used to live there?

Englishman.

• meat pie
    meat pie

I give up with the horse guessing game!.No I don't know Arnside. We used to live about 6 miles from Alston, near the Northumberland/Cumbria/Co.Durham border.Before that I lived in Weardale, Co.Durham.

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

oh my god such a beautiful place...can i come?!?! j/k people get sick of me anyway ...i think that's a gift.~FS

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Englishman "The local people call it the Stone Clitoris."

The area looks lovely. HLS looks restful too. Hope this year's lecture schedule is not to hard on her.

As far as the horse goes, I have no idea. It doesn't look apaloosa to me

j2bf

Edited by - joy2bfree on 31 August 2002 16:51:16

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

The horse maybe a Irish draugft ? Shires are usually bay and Suffolks have rounder more compact bodies..

Just my guess-- I don't deal with many draft horses here.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

E-man, I'll guess the horse is a Clydesdale. But I'm more interested in the wind generator. Jst2

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Morgan? er, no, I mean, Welsh Cob?

Edited by - SixofNine on 31 August 2002 17:10:20

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit