How do you like your steak?

by FiveShadows 25 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

You do not understand scripture because you are blinded by what the Watchtower has taught you and you follow men that know nothing of such truth.

You think the watchtower taught me? That really is a mistake - but on the other hand, the apostles spoke not just what they thought was right, but what "seemed right to the Holy Spirit" - and the language was certainly the type inspired by the Holy Spirit.

But, then again, you have every liberty to think the apostles were all mistaken. But what about the Holy Spirit?

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 1 September 2002 8:37:13

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

But what about the Holy Spirit?

Parduan,

What about it? Was not the truth passed on to these apostles by Paul? Did not Christ personally appoint him for this purpose there being no one qualified from among His disciples to do this at that time?

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the

Spirit of truth , is come, he will guide you into all truth : for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

And this it did, but not instantly. It took time, many years in fact before such guidance was complete. And Paul was an important part of this guidance as the NT demonstates so clearly.

Is it not truth that sets us free? Holy Spirit is not something you understand, otherwise you would not have made such a statement but would have believed in what the texts, the product of such Holy Spirit were teaching.

Joseph

Edited by - JosephMalik on 1 September 2002 10:36:19

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

As I mentioned in my "JW's DO EAT BLOOD" post the way meat is slaughtered today does not meet Kosher requirements. There is no such thing as "cooking out" the blood. So the JW's consistently violate this hard and fast rule (HA!) they keep bringing up.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

otherwise you would not have made such a statement but would have believed in what the texts, the product of such Holy Spirit were teaching

But I do Joseph. My statement is basically that the advice given by the apostles regarding blood, both seemed good to them AND the Holy Spirit (who to me is not "it"). And, the advice was given in the manner of the Holy Spirit speaking - just as with Jesus spoke of His blood and Moses spoke of the 'culinary' advice - i.e. it is not a literal teaching, but a spiritual one. The apostles did not mistake this matter.

Were you a jw?

paduan

• AGuest
    AGuest

Peace to you, my brother 5Shadows!

I responded here... and then was directed to make a new post. And I wish to thank you, dear one... for your "second" witness.

Oh, and "medium-rare," of course (I prefer to wear my leather, rather than eat it).

Your servant, sister and fellow slave of Christ,

Shel

Edited by - AGuest on 2 September 2002 5:8:48

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

But I do Joseph. My statement is basically that the advice given by the apostles regarding blood, both seemed good to them AND the Holy Spirit (who to me is not "it").

A pardun,

To James the holy spirit were the rest of the Jews in Jerusalem that agreed with him on keeping the Law and circumcision. The term is used for the brothers especially when assembled as they were. To me it is not even an it but a biblical term with multiple use and application.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit