How do you like your steak?

by FiveShadows 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

I like mine bloody well rare...if you want good steaks call cowboy..he's the man w/the kick ass steaks!!! Ask any apostate that was at the Dallas Apostafest II....He brought us 18 I think from his own stock...truly blessed us indeed.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "carnivore" class

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Englishman, I hadn't thought of that in years. I remember as a little kid in the meat section of the grocery store with my mom and asking her about the beef on display. Something to the effect of "ooh Mom, that meat's still got blood on it so we can't eat it". And her response was that it wasn't blood, it was just meat juice.

I'm still wondering to this day just what in the hell is meat juice? And now that I just said that I'm groaning in anticipation of the bad jokes.

How do I like my steak?

Bloody!

There ain't but two ways to serve a steak: rare or ruined.

Col. J.R. "Bendrr" Brown, [classified]

• LB
    LB

Just red water??

Well I like my steak right in front of me.

• larc
    larc

If the JWs were sincere about this, they would only buy Kosher meat. The Jews are very particular about this. They pack meat in salt to extract as much blood as possible. Of course, the rank and file Witness won't bother to go this extra step because of the extra cost, plus by doing so, they would acknowledge the validity of another religion. Never let that happen.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: : How do you like your steak?

Dead.

Farkel

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

The one thing I never understood about not being able to have blood transfusions, is that even though the Bible taught against eating blood, doing so if it were for the sake of not starving to death was forgiven. So if God forgives a person for eating blood if it is to save a life, why is it not alright to have a transfusion in order to save a life?

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    The one thing I never understood about not being able to have blood transfusions, is that even though the Bible taught against eating blood, doing so if it were for the sake of not starving to death was forgiven. So if God forgives a person for eating blood if it is to save a life, why is it not alright to have a transfusion in order to save a life?

I asked my friend that very question.. Blank stare, still no answer ...............

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I like mine medium well. I used to have it very well-done. But when I went to a French restaurant one time and ordered a rack of lamb, the waiter told me that the chef hated cooking meat well-done. He suggested me med-well, and I have to say that I became a med-well person ever since.

I hate seeing blood, too. When I was helping out at kitchen at the assembly, we were assembling roast beef sandwiches. And I saw blood in the meat package - I guess it was cooked med or med-rare. I said, "Look at that blood!" And other jws said, "No, that's its juice." Then I said, "Do you see that color, red? Do you know why? That's because it's blood." I never ate a roast beef sandwich at the assembly after that.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Why do people thik that the apostles who were expounded the scriptures by Christ Himself, not speak and teach in the manner He taught them - using the same way of speaking?

A Paduan ,

Because they made mistakes just as we do. The scriptures bring this out as a warning for us all. Did not Peter err when he sided with the Jews and did not Paul correct him? And did not other apostles err for much the same reason? Were not James, Cephas and John identified specifically in scripture as being wrong? The responsibility therefore rests with each one of us and not with such leaders even if they are apostles.

Galatians 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no mans person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: 7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) 9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

You do not understand scripture because you are blinded by what the Watchtower has taught you and you follow men that know nothing of such truth. They have caused you to sin by denying the very blood of Christ that He shed for all.

Joseph

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

FiveShadows,

Not to worry. I prefer a steak medium rare but due to diseases that have come into the food chain I settle for medium to medium well. Did you know that many still eat raw meat that has been doctored with onions, egg, and seasonings? This is a delicacy and anyone that has prepared meat balls for supper may very well have sampled the raw mixture to check it for flavor. There is not sin in this but there is some risk so relax.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit