Still on the fence!!!

by breeze 17 Replies latest jw friends

• breeze
    breeze

I have been associated with the witnesses all my life. Going to the meetings was much different before the society got so large, 6,000,000 witnesses and probably at least that many not active anymore!

I am sure that my life has been dramatically changed by this association. Some things actually molded me into the person that I am today, mostly for the good. The honesty and moral way of life I was taught at a very young age has made me a good person. I never went to college, so my way of life along those lines make me mad! Unfortunaly your income has an effect on who you are on a day to day basis.

The guilt and the horror of daily reminders of the end of the world and to my existence has harmed beyond repair.

I have enjoyed this site for a while by just reading the comments but not replying has become more than I can resist!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Breeze,

Welcome to this board. It's a pleasure to have you here. Your uncertainties regarding the effects of Watchtower teaching are becoming more and more common.

Keep reading! With an open mind, you'll soon find yourself on the side of the fence where you belong! (Didn't they say "Satan owns the fence" or something like that?) You'll likely find you've been serving a large publishing corporation masquerading as a religion, and that their "end is near" spiel is merely an incentive to increase power and book sales!

Gopher

• Been there
    Been there

Welcome to the board Breeze.

Let us hold your hand while you do some serious thinking and healing.

(we promise not to pull you off the fence, snicker, snicker)

So glad you decided to jump in and say hi to our little group.

• breeze
    breeze

I appreciate your comments.

Being sooooo different all of your life is very difficult. Trying not to be noticed when not saluting the flag. Going out in service and seeing your friends from school. Some witnesses wouldn't even stand during the anthem, boy I just knew we were going to get ourselves killed a couple of times? Just don't go to events like that!

Heated arguements about the bible. I am not so sure that the bible should totally dominate your every thought anyway?

Too many rules and principles???

Once an organization has to have several books to guide the every movement of the brotherhood it is out of control.....too many controls....!

• SYN
    SYN
    Too many rules and principles??? Once an organization has to have several books to guide the every movement of the brotherhood it is out of control.....too many controls....!

They don't call it a High Control Group for NOTHING! Oh, and welcome!

• ugg
    ugg

welcome to the board......

• minimus
    minimus

BREEZE, Are you SURE that you're still on the fence?...btw WELCOME!!!!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Hi breeze :) welcome to the Best Lil Apostate House on the Inet. I have come to believe that if a person is a GOOD person and has lead a moral life, chances are good they would have turned out that way no matter what building they were in, or religion they subscribed to. In this case, instead of being a Sunday School teacher at the Methodist Church down the street and being JUST as loving and wonderful as you are, you happen to be in the JW religion circumstantially. You need to look at your heart and realize that who you are is not to be credited to the JWs but rather to your relationship with God and your own good works. If you were to walk out the door today, you would NOT, as the JWs taught you and taught us..become the ammoral deviate they claim we all are outside the box. Once you put aside the paradise-colored glasses the JWs slapped on your face to view the world through, and sit down with nothing BUT the bible and nobody BUT us nasty worldly people... (BIG smile) you will quickly see that you were mislead about all of it. And..I think you will find that your relationship with God suddenly becomes this whole new thing...clear, EASY, soft...and praying will come easier to you. God becomes a friend instead of a vengeful entity constantly comparing your hours to your meeting attendance to your WT answers to your level of "spirituality" :) I dont tout getting into this or that or another religion myself...but now at least you know...you have choices and CAN make them without the use of an Index!

Hugs, Loves

• Crystal
    Crystal

Breeze, You said: Once an organization has to have several books to guide the every movement of the brotherhood it is out of control.....too many controls....!

Ecclesiastes 12] And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
    [13] Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
    [14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Interesting how the jw ignore or twist scriptures for their own advantage.

Welcome aboard!!

Edited by - Crystal on 30 August 2002 9:36:7

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

I SURE HOPE THIS FENCE WE R SPEAKING OF IS NOT A PICKET FENCE..QUEENIE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit