JWs Totally ROCK man!

by Hyghlandyr 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Hygh:

Many here want to dismiss all JWs as wicked. If that is the case then you are wicked. And you most certainly were wicked as a JW.

I am not sure who you addressed the above comment to. But your style betrays typical JW false red-herring type of reasoning. No one here on this or other forums has ever said all JWs are wicked. And were all JWs wicked, then that does not mean non-JWs or ex-JWs are wicked. Nor does it mean that when I or others were JWs any were wicked.

Most JWs if they knew the truth would leave. Sure enough, maybe that is so. And because they are scared to examine something which they BELIEVE to be a lie, does not make them wicked.

Agreed.

You then quote my comment where I questioned your all-or-nothing insistence that Christianity is a dangerous divisive force. I asked and stated:

Where do you get this idea? This is JW propaganda

You then said regarding my comment:

This is UTTER BS...The watchtower society is not the only one nor the first that has demonstrated how dangerous christianity has been.

No, what I stated is NOT BS. Christian ORGANIZATONS have proven to be dangerous throughout history. These are manfestations of what men have devised from what they falsely label as Christian. The Watchtower Organization is yet just another one of many groups that have proven to be harmful. But the individual JWs within her walls are another matter.

Nonetheless, Christian people throughout history, individually and as a collective, have NOT proven to be a dangerous force, but often a force for good ... such as, but not limited to civil rights movements, charities to feed, cloth, and house the poor, hospitals, and schools ... to name a few. For you to stereo-typically categorize the faith of over 2 Billion people on this planet as "dangerous and divisive" stinks of pure JW styled judgmentalism and dogamatism. I fail to understand your reasoning.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

But your style betrays typical JW false red-herring type of reasoning.

This is precisely the kind of additude I am talking about. Typical JW? Red-herrings are red herrings. However, since my post was JWS TOTALLY ROCK MAN! and since I was basically saying that I like some JWs, the concept of critical thinking doesnt have to be involved. You on the one hand are using critical thinking, I am stating my emotional response to many JWs who are totally cool and treated me totally cool. And still do, those that Ive remained in contact with in one form or another, here and there.

My statement "Many here want to dismiss all JWs as wicked. If that is the case then you are wicked. And you most certainly were wicked as a JW." should have stood on its own. And is in no way illogical despite my emotional statement. Many here have stated that JWs are wicked. ALL Jws..ok sure, maybe they will state that not ALL Jws are wicked. But many feel they were abused as JWs and seem in their antagonism to overlook the fact that many JWs are abused, if not most or all.

1....If disfellowshipping is an evil act
    2....If anyone that practices disfellowshipping is an evil person per #1
    3....If you practice DFing, then per #1 and #2 you are an evil person.
    4....If you state that JWs are evil for practicing DFing...
    5....If you practiced it as a JW, then you are evil.

This is not an illogical arguement. Now if you were one of the few that didnt practice it, or if you dont state it is an evil act done by evil people, then you are not evil. Now there are all sorts of arguements in-between here. Everything from, they are merely confused, to they are outright gleeful and wicked to practice this. But, what you apply to them, whatever category, you must apply to yourself if you also practiced the same as they.

Now to your last statement about christian organizations vs individual christians. HELLO! You must have skipped most of what I said. Because I said CHRISTIANITY is a destructive and dangerous force. But I stated, that TRUE catholics, TRUE JWs, TRUE _________ (fill in the blank) DONT abuse people. That is an INDIVIDUAL statement. I really dont know how much clearer I could make that.

As to christian ORGANIZATIONS setting up charities and feeding the poor and educating and running hospitals, Sure kudos to them. But those same peoples who did those wonderful things, often were the people that were murdering, they were the individuals that were abusing. Organizations cannot do these things without the individuals behind them. Whether the things they do are for good or for ill. Christians rock, hell yeah. No doubt about it. They also destroy. Such in my case is not a moral indictment since I am amoral. It is merely an awareness that christian destructiveness is not that much different from JW destructiveness. Despite this recognition that christians of all sorts, organizations and individuals, can and have abused, there is also the recognition that christians of all sorts, orgaizations and individuals, can and have protected, nurtured and assisted.

In your next post do me a favor and use your "typical JW" style of not having heard what I actually said, and give me a "straw man". That way what I say is easier to counter. For my part I will use an ad hominem:

People that think they are somehow better than JWs, people who claim that their time in JWism was NOTHING but torture (except maybe for those raised in it, having had no other ideas presented to them), people who whine about how bad the JWs are in every case as an organization and as individuals, people who leave JWs because of realizing the way facts were twisted but remain christians without having examined those facts, people who are deluded into the automatic superiority of the exjw over the jw, are idiots, morons, nincompoops, and tiddly do winkers.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

For you to stereo-typically categorize the faith of over 2 Billion people on this planet as "dangerous and divisive" stinks of pure JW styled judgmentalism and dogamatism

Kind of like christian stereotyping of the faith of 4 billion people as heathen, god condemned, wicked, and demonic?

WTFever diplip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit