JWs Totally ROCK man!

by Hyghlandyr 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Like I posted on the other thread it is the fake ones that dont. The ones that set up harmful policies. The ones that enforce them. I had a great time as a JW and it just isnt for me. I figure they need to drop the shunning thing and they will move fairly into the mainstream. Dont get me wrong christianity is still a dangerous and divisive force in this world. But most people are nominal whatever anyhow. Same thing with JWs..get rid of the shunning crap and a lot of improvements stand to be made.

But still it is like that movie with jack nicolson...hmm whats it called..thinking..thinking..ah ! the ONLY GOOD LOVE STORY EVER..(cause jack was in it) As Good As It Gets. She said...but there were moments of INCREDIBLE kindness....

For me it is those moments that make the JWs I think of totally kick ass! I mean like one time I was stranded in cleveland. We called a brother, 20 something. He came and got us no problem! No charge!

And as I posted when I first started a time I was dead broke and a bunch of witnesses handed me an envelope stuffed with cash. Thanks...they rock. They didnt have to do that.

When folks say witnesses are just wicked they dont care, ok maybe true about some of them, probably true about more than a few, many? But many are totally rockin. Thats why i say TRUE JWs dont molest kids. Same as I say true catholics dont. or true _____....The elders at Bowens appeal hearing nodded and vocalized agreement with me on that. Surprise. But thats what I am trying to hold onto. Get the ones that are TRUE JWs to realize that in their midst are INFILTRATORS..PRETENDERS...and those pretenders are in the hyghest positions.

But most are average joes like me. Abused, and just tryin to do their best. and I think they totally rock.

• puzzled
    puzzled

I can relate to that.

It's too bad that the good ones aren't running the company

plum

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Just wait. We'll have our revenge. It'll start soon.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hy,

: Like I posted on the other thread it is the fake ones that dont. The ones that set up harmful policies. The ones that enforce them. I had a great time as a JW and it just isnt for me. I figure they need to drop the shunning thing and they will move fairly into the mainstream. Dont get me wrong christianity is still a dangerous and divisive force in this world. But most people are nominal whatever anyhow. Same thing with JWs..get rid of the shunning crap and a lot of improvements stand to be made.

Wow! That was so "deep" and definitely the product of a "deep" thinker!

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 30 August 2002 2:43:16

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Thanks farkel. I always appreciate the kind words you have for me man. Espeically considering how tough it's been lately with all of these issues coming to the fore. Tracy, my sis, and I talked recently. She told me that she had been taken to the elders for being a rebellious youth. Which I knew already. But she told the elders that he was trying to moleste her again. They called her liars. That I didnt know. Steve Klatte wasnt made aware of that. He is one of the TRUE JWs

But bob beech and steve hazzard KNEW..and still called her a liar. They had a confession and had even DFed him.

But I want to say man, no matter how deep you think I am thinkin, I'm not. These are just surface thoughts. I say what comes to my mind usually at the moment it comes to my mind. Still its nice to have folks like you lookin out for folks like me. Hugs man.

Goddess Bless.

• Farkel
    Farkel

hy,

: These are just surface thoughts. I say what comes to my mind usually at the moment it comes to my mind.

That was my point. Had you posted about your sister's problems instead of what you posted, I would have rallied to your side.

Should I "bttt?"

Farkel
    Skeptic Class

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I dont think those extreme acts of generosity and kindness are unique to dubs, Ive experienced the same thing with Mormons and Pentecostals. Theyve all gone to extreme lengths to be kind to me. Just my experience. I suspect its a churchy/ culty thing. Going to extremes, whether of acts of "love" or acts of "hate" towards percieved enemies. Extreme Polarized thinking in another manifestation.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Farkel thanks for ralleying to my side. Its not really about my sisters. I just was thnking about how much I like some of the JWs...

Refiners..I dont think it is unique to cult groups. Thats what I am saying really JWs are pretty much like everyone else. Window dressing is the only difference. Many of them rock.

I love watching them destroy a trinitarian in yahoo chat. In fact I love pretending to be JW and then destroying a trinitarian. They rock.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I dont think it is unique to cult groups

Yeah, I have a tendancy to see cult manifestations in my soup. Maybe its just people that rock. Leave it at that. I had a "worldly" aquaintance of mine lend me 2000 bucks when I was in desperate trouble, didnt even ask for it and he forced it on me (fortunately), course, I paid it back 3 months later when times got better. So generous people are wherever we find them.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Refiners, I have lived all over the united states in many circumstances. There were many people that were there without requiring anything in return. And most of them...no..I think none of them, complained about my sense of humor. Not even JWs. Course I wasnt on the internet back then. People kick ass and are phenomenal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit