which bits allowed - blood

by Marilyn 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Good point, Room 215

"easy-to-read, once-for-all, set-the-record straight article". That would be too easy and the R&F will figure out that the FDS has no idea what they are talking about.

Any product beside the basic 4 blood groups (red blood cells, white blood cells, plasma and platelets) are coming from someone else, why not use your own? But no, now we are on to cow's blood! <shaking head>

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, Marilyn. Chemo takes you to the brink of death to kill cancer cells, that's why the docs need blood to replenish what they know they kill off. Hope she does ok. All you can do is love her and support whatever decision she makes.

j2bf

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Just don't worry about it .... its not even an issue anymore and does get incredibly boring.

There is nothing sacred about blood as a substance. The society is twisted in its views.

There are far more important issues to tackle. I think the blood debate is stale. It is a matter of personal choice. Full stop !

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

The blood debate isn't stale to those who are involved with family who need blood. It's not a matter of personal choice - but it should be. I see where you are coming from and quite frankly I think everything about the WTS is stale. It's just too tedious to be involving oneself in their thought processes. I wouldn't bother but for my mothers situation. She can't choose as she's been indoctrinated for years that blood will give her some dreaded disease. Like she doesn't have one already that might kill her at any moment.

As for desertflower, maybe the Awake about bloodless surgery is interesting. But I find it hard to read anything by the Society because I find their literature totally manipulative and dishonest. I don't need the WTS to tell me anything about blood. I keep informed about important health matters and I don't want their jaded slant on anything. I personally would not want a blood transfusion unless there was no other alternative and I was going to die. But then if you knew anything about the hospital system you'd know that doctors only offer blood in extreme circumstances. It is not offered lightly any more. The Organisation's systematic muddying of the waters with regards blood is a red herring. If my child was bleeding out and was going to die then I'd take my chances on blood. Just like Jehovah's armies ate unbled animals rather than starve to death. Clearly this is an indication that life is more important than the law.

regards

marilyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit