which bits allowed - blood

by Marilyn 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Which parts of blood are dubs allowed?

Or should I ask which bit isn't allow? Isn't there only one ingredient they aren't allowed now?

I have a family situation going on and would like to know for personal reasons.

appreciate hearing from anyone who knows

Marilyn

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I don't know 100% what the Society's Current Blood Policy is (I don't know if even the Governing Body and Elders do anymore).

However, here is what I have heard is now ALLOWED by the Society:

Vaccinations (Shots) even if they contain Blood!

Organ Transplants even though the Organs contain Blood! (Probably a large amount of Blood too!)

Bone-Marrow Transplants

Hemophiliac Blood Treatments

All sorts of Blood Fractions

Here is a Pharisee-Like List of the "Acceptable Blood Fractions" which Witnesses are now allowed to accept (at least this is what I have heard, not 100% sure):

*Factor VIII
    *Gamma Globulin
    *Blood Plasma Proteins
    *Albumin
    *Immune Globulins
    *Rh Immune Globulin
    *Hemophiliac Preparations
    *Clotting Factors
    *Synthetic Hormone EPO (Erythropoietin) (contains only "a small amount of Albumin")
    *Autologous Blood (Autotransfusion) (Where your own Blood "flows out through a tube to the Artificial Organ that pumps and filters (or oxygenates) it, and then it returns to the patient's circulatory system")
    *Hemodilution
    *HemoPure (Cow's Blood)
    *PolyHeme

Also in a 1960's Article the Watchtower Society said that Jehovah's Witness Doctors CAN GIVE Blood Transfusions to those evil "Worldly People!" (However Witnesses are not even allowed to give Blood to their PETS -- Does this seem odd? I guess the Watchtower Society is basically saying that "Worldly People" are so wicked that it doesn't matter if you give them Blood, yet your Pets are better than Worldly People)

Here are some Comments I found about the Society's Blood Policies on a Website (can't remember which Website though):

Who is Blood Guilty before Jehovah God? If the Society believes you should not have Blood according to the Bible, then where in the Bible does it allow certain parts of Blood? What about all of the followers of the Society that needed a Blood Fraction (which is now allowed) when they were in their "not allowed mode"? Did any of these die needlessly? Does Jehovah give "New Light Blinking Back and Forth" to the Governing Body so they can keep adjusting their stand on parts of Blood?)

Jehovah's Witnesses are now allowed to accept ALL of the components of Blood, as long as you separate the components and then accept them!

Is there any logic in this?

I will try to post Quotes about their Blood Policy soon.

Also, check out http://www.ajwrb.org for TONS of info on the Society's Blood Policies.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hhhmmmm, so the scripture often quoted about not eating blood, really should have a caveat that it's okay to consume part of the blood. So we can intake part of the blood but not other parts. Where is this in the Bible? If the Witnesses are going to take a stand against blood transfusions, then do it, but this wishy-washy stance of "Parts is Parts" is stupid! Typical crazy quilt logic. Now the $64 million question: what do they say to all the Witnesses who have lost a loved one, if/when they change the blood stance.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

*Factor VIII
    *Gamma Globulin
    *Blood Plasma Proteins
    *Albumin
    *Immune Globulins
    *Rh Immune Globulin
    *Hemophiliac Preparations
    *Clotting Factors
    *Synthetic Hormone EPO (Erythropoietin) (contains only "a small amount of Albumin")
    *Autologous Blood (Autotransfusion) (Where your own Blood "flows out through a tube to the Artificial Organ that pumps and filters (or oxygenates) it, and then it returns to the patient's circulatory system")
    *Hemodilution
    *HemoPure (Cow's Blood)
    *PolyHeme

Dear undisfed, Thanx for this. This is the info I wanted. Of course "Hemophiliac Preparations could mean anything.

I'd like to know what their intention is with what is allowed. Clearly it can't be as simplistic as it appears to be. They must have some reason why they think the above is allowable and the rest is forbidden. I spose what gets me is that Witnesses think that God Almighty is fixated over the liquid that runs thru our veins. One would really have to wonder what kind of all powerful God is so fascinated by this part of our anatomy. It's only when you understand that whoever wrote the Bible was making blood a symbol of the importance of life does it make sense. Life itself is sacred not the liquid itself. Talk about get it arse end about.

Anyway I'm kinda involved with this issue at the moment as my mother is a jw and her doctors have recommended she have a transfusion. I have no intention of interferring with a rule that has been drummed into head for years. She is 77 and has cancer. I see no point in upsetting her. I just wanted to know what was allowable in case it's relevent to her situation.

thanx very much for your comments. I agree with everything you said. But then I'm one who can see no good in anything JWs teach. I think they have everything arse a peak!

Marilyn

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

If it becomes a problem, just say that you've read in the same bible that you absolutely have to eat Jesus' blood, but you're not sure where to get it.

paduan

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

"Is a cannibal still a cannibal if he just eats the toes?"

What part of the blood is the life in?

~Bugs

• TD
    TD

In their most recent rationale, the Witnesses have simply co-opted blood banking terminology for their own ends

Hence "Major" components are forbidden....

1. Complete (intact) red cells
    2. Complete (intact) white cells
    3. Complete (intact) platelets
    4. Whole plasma.

However all "Minor" components are allowed, no matter whether it be fractions of plasma or compounds extracted from red or white cells or platelets

• Room 215
    Room 215

Doesn't it seem stronge to you that, in view of the stakes involved, and the hundreds of thousands of lives affected by these ill-considered policies, that the WTBTS has thus far refused to publish a easy-to-read, once-for-all, set-the-record straight article showing a list just like undfsed and Marilyn to end all the confusion?

What does their failure to do so suggest about their concern for the well-being of their flock?

• desertflower
    desertflower

Have you read the Awake Jan. 8 -2000. The Growing Demand for Bloodless Medicine and Surgery?

It has some interesting points in it. The article has helped me to change my veiw of taking blood.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

There are several reasons why the Society will never publish a clear, definitive article on the blood issue.

First of all, they don't want people to understand. They want people to depend on them for every answer - to come running for answers, which will be dispensed on an as needed basis. This way, they can change the answers without too many people noticing.

Secondly, a clear listing of inclusions and exclusions would highlight the stupidity of the entire doctrine. Outsiders, and even some brain dead insiders, would clearly be able to see the hypocrisy.

Finally, I'm not sure that anyone in the organization, even the GB, truly knows the answers. They kind of make them up as they go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit