MOST PEOPLE NEVER REALLY CHANGE

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Saint Satan,

: I used to kill spiders. Now, if one is in the way, i pick it up and put it in a safer place. Spiders think i have changed. However, my cat still eats spiders. Spiders don't think she will change.

That is so weird! I used to do the same to spiders, and now I push them away or move them just like you! I trained my children to walk around bugs rather than just squishing them for fun. Respect for all those little critters makes us better and more moral people.

I still kill cats, though.

Farkel

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Look at Farkel(TM)'s tree! He calls it his Pussy Willow.

Pope

• minimus
    minimus

see Farkel...you haven't changed.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Fark

Lol.

I still kill cats, though.

Generally, my cat would approve. The only exception would be herself, of course.

SS

• onacruse
    onacruse

larc: "As a result of this suppression, there may be larger changes among those who leave the religion than among people who have lived a more normal life."

That does make a lot of sense, and corresponds with the feeling of "arrested development" that so many of us share. Like the "compressed spring."

Robert K. Merton, in Social Theory and Social Structure, presents a schematic typology of modes of individual adaption, ranging from "conformity" to "rebellion." This last is described as "...a type of deviation which leads persons outside of the society to envision new goals by complete alienation from the parent social structure." (Amish Society, John Hostetler) This encompasses the feelings of many ex-JW's.

Craig

Fark, SS: Perhaps you have discovered yet another pizza topping? (aw, poor kitties)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit