MOST PEOPLE NEVER REALLY CHANGE

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well I still wont step on a crack in the side walk, and I still blink three times and recite the words "red

yellow green blue" in my mind (swallowing twice between each word) if I do accidentally step on a crack. Thats so I dont die.

And I still sleep with an open Bible on my nightstand so the boogeymen cant get me.

I havent changed.

• puzzled
    puzzled

That's why it's always a good idea to keep at least three personalities handy.

Well I still wont step on a crack in the side walk

LOL..me either

• minimus
    minimus

Jer. 15:23---"can a leopard change its spots?"....GENERALLY,you are who you are. If you were a jealous person 20 yrs. ago,you PROBABLY are of the jealous type today. If your brain tends to work critically, it always will. Many here have gotten a revelation over a period of time about how we realize that we should never treat people with Pharasaical attitudes. We hate the way we were treated. We hate that we were lied to. Yet, many of our "old world" Jehovah's Witness attitudes continue to rear their ugly head. Those that were victimized by the Watchtower may still be victimized by society.Those that were leaders and followers of the organization will probably carry their respective roles in another way.People can change but most usually don't.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I believe that a persons core personality more or less stays the same over their life. But, experiences and maturity can bring out the better qualities of that core personality. Kinda like fine wine.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Minimus;

the odds are that we will continue to be the same whether we are "in the truth or out of the truth"..........This board reflects who we really are and what we always have been.

That is total bullshit!

HCM

• minimus
    minimus

why do you say this, my dear friend, HO?

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Minimus;

Because I personally am feeling very different from when I was under WT control. The effects have not fully worn off yet, but they may some day. I am not as critical of other life styles any longer and no longer as prejudice of other religions as I was while associated with the WT.

These are just a few noticeable traits I can feel good about and it certainly is a change.

HCM

spelling

Edited by - HoChiMin on 30 August 2002 8:52:33

• scumrat
    scumrat

You Go HO!!

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Minimus;

"ADMIT IT, DIDN'T YOU FEEL SPECIAL being a JW?"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35674&site=3

I just noticed this thread you started a few minutes before this one. Just the title compared to this one is a contradiction of terms in regards the subject of change isn't it?

HCM

Edited by - HoChiMin on 30 August 2002 8:40:20

• minimus
    minimus

NO contradiction HO, I gotta run. I'll esplain it to ya later...that's right, esplain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit