The term 'apostate' - how do you feel about it?

by ballistic 28 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

There calling you all evil because they think God wants them to - be blessed by it.

paduan

• Princess
    Princess

Heretic was already taken.

Apostate doesn't bother me in the least. I think "apostates are people too" would make a nice t-shirt.

Rachel

• LB
    LB

dantheman that's perfect, exactly.

I always resented it until I went to an apotafest. Now I'm getting the tattoo.

• minimus
    minimus

I know that many here wear that designation as a badge of honor. I think the Society misuses the word. ANYBODY that questions the Watchtower is apostate. This is ludicrous!

• butalbee
    butalbee

Actually I am not an apostate, I am an opposer.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Actually...in MY dictionary...you are apostate if you go against any religion/cause/political views......you are apostate. So for me, to be apostate means having a change of opinion about anything in life. If you think about it a moment.......MOST who become JW's are apostate. They have left their religion to take on this cult.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If we use the WBTS definition of apostasy, IT`S A LOAD of CRAP!!.. Disagreeing with corruption is wrong?..I don`t think so!...OUTLAW

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Here we go again....

ok I am not going to post the definition as I have done several times before. I used to in yahoo chat when I first left but thought I might believe in god, insist I wasnt an apostate. Cause that meant someone who didnt believe in god..someone that left god. And I had not. Then a few months later I returned. When I started declaring I was an apostate the witnesses accused me of having lied before. But I told them plainly, that since I am a word freak, I just looked up the word and it didnt mean what they, or paul, said it meant. All it meant was anyone who left any religion, political party, world view, philosophy etc. So I was comfortable with it. It has no stigma to me at all. Although I will use the stigma it has with others, to make them cringe. But many of the jws, avoid me at first, and then realize I aint tryin to save them from their religion, and so talk with me on a fairly regular basis. Especially the broads. JW broads are horny as hell. I love it. I just need to find JW broads living near me, who are horny, and easy.

• Valis
    Valis

Ever notice how close the words Apostolic and Apostate are? Just a side thought.... I would also invite you all to go to this thread and see how the phrase "Apostate" has been bastardized...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33274&site=3

Having said that I am proud to be considered and Apostate. Not only do I have significant philisophical differences w/the WTBTS, but also humanisitc points of view which would fully be in opposition to the "loving arrangement", but lies! all lies!...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "faithless and indiscreet" class

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I reject the notion that I'm an apostate. I much prefer "Evil Slave".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit