My friend was DFed

by LB 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

One of the nicest people I know got herself DFed a while back. She was divorcing her husband, found herself lonely and hurting and turned to a brother for comfort. Well you know where that leads. They were caught and the brother wanted to make sure their stories were straight before their JC hearings. She said she would just be honest and leave it in Jehovah's hands. Sound familiar?

Well Brother Comfort was a bit nervous about all this. So he approached her "ex to be" hubby and worked out a little story between them. She got ambushed bigtime. She gets the axe and he gets public reproof. Announced the same night so everyone in the hall knew what was going on. Of course it must be her fault because he only got reproved.

Oh the best thing is this brother has been writing her letters, leaving her messages on her telephone, trying to rekindle the romance. Oh yes, she turned that info over to the brothers. Think anything will happen? Of course not, they'd maybe have to admit making a mistake.

She is going to be reinstated before long as she's been attending meetings. At a different hall. We talked today for the first time in about a year. We really missed her a lot and she hasn't returned any calls from us until today. We had a great lunch and we have worked out a business arrangement just so we can have dealings with her and her us, if and when we get DFed.

She will associate with us regardless now. But she's been through a mindtrip will all this crap. I know many of you here, especially women, know how she must be feeling.

• Swan
    Swan

Gosh LB,

I'm not sure what to say. I feel so sorry for her being treated like that. It must feel like quite a betrayal. How does she all view this? Does she see this as a hypocritical attack, or does she view it as another test from Jehovah? All that back-biting and then she ends up the villian. Poor thing.

BTW, I think you are in big trouble for talking to her, as she is DF and you are just inactive.

Tammy

• LB
    LB

Tammy you are correct about me being in trouble. I honestly don't care. My friend works with a witness so if the witness wants to snitch, well that's that.

She doesn't blame anyone other than the man she slept with and 3 stupid elders. This woman is a very independent thinker. She will do her best to remain a witness, but, she'll do as she pleases. She told us today that even if we both get DFed she will never shun us but continue to see us as often as possible. We are the only ones that showed her any love over the past year besides her two adult children.

She is in the same field of work as we are. So, we do have every reason to believe we can see her as often as we wish. If they don't like that then, they'll have to invent some new rules won't they? Or change the old ones.

• myself
    myself

LB, it always seems like the nicest ones are the ones who are treated the worst by others. I am glad she will be able to continue with your friendship, she knows who is standing by her.

• jack2
    jack2

ditto on what myself says.....seems the good ones always get the worst of it

• Princess
    Princess

I'm so glad you were able to re-connect. This must be the friend you were talking about over the weekend. What an awful story. She is lucky to have you and the mrs on her side. Why is she going back if the only people who have shown her any love are her kids and two who are out?

Rachel

• Swan
    Swan

LB, I think it only fair to warn you, that I am a DA person. Please do not have any more contact with me if you ever hope to remain in good standing with Jehovah and his organization. I should have told you this earlier. I'm sorry. It completely slipped my mind to tell you this at the NW Apostafest because I was having such a good time!

Tammy

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

Oh, can't you just feel the LOVE??!!!

Yes, the truth will set you free. The mind set of those taking the lead is abhorant. Your friend will need support that you can give. This is sad.

SUSCARRA

• LB
    LB

Princess her daughter is getting married in a hall in a couple of months. That is the main reason she is going back.

Tammy, I knew you looked scary when I was in Edmonds, now I know why But isn't it funny how the kindest people I've met in the past couple of years are apostates ??

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

LB, you have email.

How did I know that????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit