at least two types of people on this board

by Omega Man 31 Replies latest jw friends

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

Omegaman

Hi

I have been reading posts here for awhile. Some are very Intelligent and Though Provoking. I see at least two types of people posting here. The ones who never beleived in god and who lived a double live throughout their JW lives and the ones who really beleived it to be the truth but eventually came to grips with their doubts and were likely discourged.

uh...wrong

• butalbee
    butalbee

I'm the type that don't really care what type of posters post here just as long as they are friendly, attractive, and entertaining...lol. Um, Omega Man--tell us a little more about yourself?

• Omega Man
    Omega Man

To: Butulbee

All of the above ;o)

• jwbot
    jwbot

hmmm again, I dont fall into a catagory (yay!) and I doubt most do here.
    I do not know if their is a god or not. I have not seen proof in either direction. Evolution to me does not disprove his existance, nor does the phrase "can you see wind? who made the flowers?" prove his existance.
    I never lead a double life, I was pretty damn honest to everyone around me, which is why O got in trouble a lot. I grew up under the religion but never got baptized. Some of my family members just accepted that (which was cool), even my elder dad. If I disaproved of something (like the treatment of women) I asked many questions, protested, than dropped the subject for those who just didn't let up. People can believe what they want, I tried not to step all over that, thats what kept me sane and also kept elders from labeling me an apostate.
    Also: SHAME ON YOU FOR TRYING TO LABEL!

• DJ
    DJ

Hello Omega,

What is discourged?? cause I don't think I've ever been that word......dj

• COMF
    COMF

There are two types of people here: those who are of the first type, and those who are not.

• larc
    larc

Actually, there are 18 types of people here, and as Farkel oft times says, it is Bible based.

• Prisca
    Prisca

There are two types of people on this board:

Those that like pizza

And those that don't.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Prisca,

Your comments were most wise!

: I have been reading posts here for awhile. Some are very Intelligent and Though Provoking. I see at least two types of people posting here. The ones who never beleived in god and who lived a double live throughout their JW lives and the ones who really beleived it to be the truth but eventually came to grips with their doubts and were likely discourged.

You haven't been reading posts in here long enough, then. Keep reading, then report your findings after you've had more of a chance to get a better feel for what people are thinking and what they believe.

(Hint: quit trying to put people in little, neat boxes. People are way to complicated to be so easily categorized.)

Farkel

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

I think there is only one type of person on this here board. And they are trying many things out at different times. Some anger release, some mental thought, some humor, some ridicule, and so on and so forth......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit