ANYONE TRY HYPNOSIS?

by Mary 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I'm considering trying hypnosis to help me win my everlasting battle with weight, but naturally I have feelings of guilt because we were told as JWs that we cannot use hypnosis.......

Anyway, has anyone here ever tried hypnosis? I would be interested in hearing if it helped you at all.

Either I try this, or I'm getting a one-way ticket to Ethiopia............

• JenGill97
    JenGill97

Hi-

You know, I have been wanting to try this of late also, but there is that niggling little voice in the back of my head about it. Hypnosis... I have to admit I am very curious. I have some memories I would like to retrieve and I think the only way to get them is hypnosis.

Jen :)

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yes, Ive tried it with great success.

Which I shall tell you about tomorrow, 'cos it's almost time to go up the apples and pears.

Englishman.

• Been there
    Been there

I've tried it a couple times to stop smoking. Didn't work for me. But I'm not very impressionable. The key to it is to be able to relax. There is nothing synister or evil about it. They will just get you to relax and tell your subconscience what you want it to hear. You will not do anything you would not do if not hypnotised. No killing people or anything. You will go to the state of consiousness that you go to just before you fall asleep. You will be able to hear your surroundings etc. Try it! It works very well for some people.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Mary.

I tried hypnosis to quit smoking and it didn't work for me. I am not one to let my mind and body go bananas at a concert or with a hypnotist.....it's just not my personality. I don't know if being a witness did this or it's just ME.

If you are appling the bible as a basis for your decision....it says not to let othersd "BIND YOU WITH A SPELL"

What was the context? It was to stay clear of those weirdo's back then with supposed spiritualistic powers to do harm.

If a person can implant a suggestion in your mind to help you get over a PROBLEM you have........it has nothiong to do with what the scriptures were talking about.

The W.T. Has looked at it from a one sided view as they do on much of their doctrine.

I hope it helps if you try it. My wife is a dub and has the same problem. Let me know if you find a cure.

Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Prisila
    Prisila

I just had my first session 3 weeks ago and it's amazing!!! If you're in the Los Angeles Area email me I can give you the name of some amazing certified Hypnotherapists.

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

I'm considering trying hypnosis to help me win my everlasting battle with weight, but naturally I have feelings of guilt because we were told as JWs that we cannot use hypnosis.......

I have to laugh because I went through the same feelings for a long time. How ever I decided to try it and when I told my mother that I was all she had to say (I was stunned btw) was:

"Make sure someone is with you when you do" Don't know WHAT! some of these doctors my do while youre under"

HAhahaha.

Btw, I took some classes on self-hypnosis. I would imagine if you were to take several classes and really get into it, it would be very helpful.

Edited by - mevirginia on 27 August 2002 21:25:9

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi Guys.

I had a problem once and tried hypnosis. I think I started to go under and had a strange feeling like a wave rolling across the inside of my head and it startled me and I did not go under. The hypnotist tried a couple of more times and then got angry with me because it wouldn't work. Almost threw me out of the office. This pissed me off and I let him know about it.

Haven't tried it again. But many I have known had good to no success. No one that I know got bit by a rabid demon. So give it a try.

Outoftheorg

• LB
    LB

You can email if you like. I have lost a great deal of weight. Your e-mail is locked or I'd reply already.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Hey, LB, my email is open--but ya never email me!!!

I never tried it, cuz I'm afraid they'd hypnotize me so when I hear a certain word I'd start barking, or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit