You may fall asleep,

by Tinkerbell4125 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Well, you may be right Englishman, my husband seems to have dwelt with it better than I did.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Tink isn't it wonderful to be free of the clutches of the WTBS? Sorry about your parents. Glad you have family that you have a good relationship with and for those that don't well thats their loss. They are brainwashed by the cult leaders. Too bad though.

And I don't feel the least bit sleepy at all. Good luck Tinkerbell4125

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Ballistic, I agree, I feel like a survivor. We've gone through alot and we are stronger for it!

Orangefatcat, thank-you for such a sweet post! And yes it is sweet being away from the clutches of the WTS!!!!! There is life after the WTS and I'm a testament that there can be a good one at that! Don't get me wrong, I realize that we all can get down at times, but life is good my friend! =:o)

• myself
    myself

(((((Tink & CC)))))

Tink you have come a long ways and I think you are stronger for it. I am glad you two have been able to come so far together.

Myself

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Dearest Tinkerbell, thanks for putting up your story. As you probably remember we have some things in common , especially about our families. It is very hard to lose a parent to suicide, my mom killed herself when I was 18 and I still don't understand all the details surrounding her death. I think it is something that you never get over , you just put it in the back of your mind when it comes creeping out. I think since I left the JW's a year ago, the hurt my mom went thru being a JW and then being D/f has been like a wound reopening for me. It helps to come here and talk about it, and to hear others who have been thru the same thing. It is sad that you had to go thru what all you did, I wish I could have a day to sit and talk , and maybe laugh together. I find that I am laughing alot again, and find so much happiness in the little things in life. Who knows maybe I will make my way up to visit you someday. You do live in a beautiful part of the country, we have relatives that are in the kentucky area, and I have been to parts of Tenn. Maybe I will get to meet you and hub at an apostofest. They are alot of fun and right away you feel a bond with everyone.... it is such a great feeling to not be alone. Again, thanks for sharing your story,and I hope everyday brings you more happiness.

Love and Hugs,

Dede

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Thank you girl!!!!!!! You are too kind!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother, {{{{{{{{LyinEyes}}}}}}}. I agree with you on what you said about never getting over it. I was told in counceling instead of looking at it like that, to look at it like, I would never be the same, but I could create a new life. I also try to realize that other people have gone through difficult hardships, but they move on also. My sister-in-law's twin brother completed suicide a few months ago. He was a elder in his congergation. It struck a gord with me because it hit so close to home. I can understand how you woud feel like old wounds were reopened about your mother, while you were leaving the borg. Now that I don't have the whole j.w. quilt thing hanging over me, it is so much eaiser for me to move ahead and be happy!

What part of Kentucky do your relatives live? I've about 15 minutes south of the Kentucky line, north of Nashville. It would be great to meet you if you're ever down this way!!! We're having a Apostafest the 7th of Sept. I would love to meet'cha if you'd like to come!!! Where did you say you were from? Having so much in common, I know we would have a lot to talk about! Were you planing on going to a Apostafest in your area?

Email me anytime! Anytime you would like to talk about your mother, or ask me any questions, you can feel free too. I realize it's a difficult thing to discuss with someone when they haven't gone through it. I also always feel like I'm putting a burden on them. I also don't want to be a downer.

Holler at me anytime darlin!

Tink =;o)

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Tink and CC, sorry to hear about the lose in your family. Even when it is not a very close relative it brings up old feelings. Last year , my cousin, my mothers sister's son, committed suicide he was just 25 I think. We were not close growing up but my aunt and I have kept in contact thru the years by letter mostly. She has been thru so much, and what happened with her son, was so tragic, she never got over my mom's suicide and then her own son does it. It does make you wonder if it runs in the family as they say. She emailed me a few days ago and told me she moved to New Orleans to be closer to her oldest son who plays guitar . She is nervous but excited about her move, and I am amazed at her strength and just last month her mother, my grandmother died. The old woman was cruel and mean and cut everyone off but her one son. My aunt gave up on my grandmother years ago,because she knew she couldnt change her. I have resented my grandmother for the things she did out of meanness to my mother and I do think she contributed to my mom's low self esteem.

But really, if anyone has been thru hell my aunt sure has. And yet she goes on. Amazing.

My hubby's family live in Paducah, Ky. and they have alot of other relatives, we are not close, in the Tenn area. My motherin laws last name was Cathey....and there is alot of geneology stuff she has studied and found lots of her kin there. We were talking about going to kentucky in the later fall maybe.

We live in a little town out of Shreveport, Louisiana, NW almost in arkansas and texas borders. So we are about 3 hrs east of Dallas. I will sure let you know if we ever get close to that side of the USA, we never know , we might end up going anywhere for hubby's work. But with kids in school , I am more homebound.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

My intenetion was to post this last night when I read it, but it got too late and I was very tired.

I'm proud of you Darlin'. You've been through an aweful lot for anyone. I am glad I have been with you through some of the worst of it. You a very courageous person. We have a lifetime of happiness together, no matter what happens in the future. We proved we can pass through anything. It was a blessing for both of us to meet, even if it was at the KH.....LOL. I've told you this many times, you are the best person I know or will ever know for that matter.

We appreciate everyones encouragement. Those were very warm and loving comments. Thank you all!!

CC

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hi Tinkerbell

Thanks for putting your bio up. It shows again, the we here are not just a bunch of mean-spirited computer professionals trying to subvert the faith of others. It shows that most here have been bitten hard, and panged by the obtrusive behavior of the WTBS and its corporate rule enforcing cohorts. (a.k.a asshole elders.)

Hopefully someday there will be hell to pay for aches & pains we have been put through by the Borg.

Dismembered but glad im Dismembered

Edited by - Dismembered on 29 August 2002 9:1:21

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit