You may fall asleep,

by Tinkerbell4125 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

but I finally posted my bio, if anyone wants to read it. =:o)

Tink =:o)

Edited by - Tinkerbell4125 on 27 August 2002 17:39:36

• ISP
    ISP

ZZZZzzzzzzzz..........

ISP

• Simon
    Simon

wow ((((Tinkerbell)))) ... I never realised you'd been through so much. Sorry things didn;t work out too well when you went back for your mums sake.

Hope you find life outsider better than life inside. Me and Angharad have found the we are much happier since we left and really don't look back or have any regrets.

• SYN
    SYN

Oh wow Tinker, I'm looking at you with different eyes now! It's so horrible to see that you had to go through all that!

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Thank you Simon. I appreciated that! =:o)

CCRyder is my hubby and he posts here and I'm happy for you and Angharad too!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Thanks tinker, at least you're here now! I often feel like we are the survivors. Many sad stories we leave behind.

Mines on the "hello hello hello" thread if you ever see it.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Thank you SYN!

ISP, now that wasn't very nice.

• Simon
    Simon

I am 'guessing' that ISP commented without readin it. Don't worry, I will slap him for you next time I see him.

• Valis
    Valis

Tinkerbell....some might not think to click on your profile and this way is much easier to read...From Tink's Profile

Im 42 and was raised in the WTS. In and out of the org. for years, I disassociated myself in 1999. My husband disassociated himself at the same time. My mother was a witness and my father opposed it much of the time. My father had always been a difficult and abusive man to live with and his opposition to the WTS made him even more difficult to live with. Im from a large family, with siblings that are Jehovahs Witnesses and some that are not. My first j.w husband was physically abusive. The elders never hinted once that any legal action would be taken toward him during that time. After years of abuse from the WTS and my ex-husband I left it all. I realized that nothing was ever going to be done about the abuse from my ex. The extent of his actions was no more than a slap on the hand and privately reproving him. The elders later finally caught wind of a relationship I was having and disfellowshiped me. Little did they know, I had disassociated myself long before that. To make a long story short, in 1994, after not seeing my mother for years, I went to visit her, to find out that she was terminally ill with cancer. I got myself reinstated so I could have some time with her before she died. Looking back now, I realize what a huge mistake that was. My father became very depressed during this time and took his own life in 1996. It only compounded the dysfunction that was in my family. During this time Im also learning about the real truth about the WTS on the internet/Crisis of Conscience/In Search of Christian Freedom. My husband and I had already decided that it was a cult, but he elders caught wind *again* that we werent living like Jehovah Witnesses were supposed too! *I sent a Christmas card to my sister, whom wasnt a Jehovahs Witness and I smoked a joint.* We refused to meet with them. I was having a difficult time, having to take anti-depressants and I didnt want to deal with them. They insisted and finally after months and months of pressuring us, they told us that if we didnt meet with them that they would consider that we had disassociated ourselves. They finally announced it at the hall that we had disassociated ourselves. My mother died later that year and I was shunned by family members and other Jehovah Witnesses at her funeral. Its wrong what the WTS does to families. I wish I had never been apart of it. Now I have a wonderful life with my husband. I am close to some of my siblings, but I rarely see my siblings that are Jehovahs Witnesses. My husband and I are happy that were not bound by the WTS. We are finally free at last, truly free and we have our own hopes and dreams for the future. We feel very blessed to have finally seen the *truth* about the WTS and we havent looked back! Life is good and Im very appreciated of every day of my life! I hope one day that my j.w. siblings will leave this cult and realize that theres a better life out there. Only time will tell.

Sincerely, District Overbeer

• ISP
    ISP

Actually I couldn't find it!

Where is it?

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit