Getting it out of my system, a VERY long introduction/outpouring..

by adimmedlight 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

adimmedlight:

You're young, mature, obviously smart with good core values with a bright future of possibilities only you have control over. Just remember what you've already had to overcome and how far you've come in your 23 years. Your characteer alone tells me you were born a seaworthy craft ready to handle the toughest storms and with the help of your instinctive moral compass and common sense, you'll reach the sunny shores of your life goals. You have nothing to fear, go sailing and enjoy the sunshine whenever it breaks upon your rain soaked face.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Welcome to you. Try to enjoy this forum and speak to some who really know a lot. Pose questions if you suffer some doubts. People will not hurt you here and you will be answered. I feel very sad for you. I also feel that there is nothing wrong with "love", no one on this earth has any right to tell you how to love or whom you should love. Please don't cave in to the awful man made doctrines that have distorted any message that Christ left for us. If you prefer.......call him Buddha, Fred, Eric........whatever..Just don't forget that the old laws were done away with because of the excessive burdens added to the Jews of the day.

Try to find those who will speak to you and try not to despair. That is pathetic, of course you will despair. Just make sure you are safe and warm when you do it.....xxx

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I left at 23 also. Looking back after 4 decades, one regret is that I didn't leave sooner.

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam

My wife, family and I welcome you. My mother gave study to a very humble and striving family like yours. She sure as hell surprised me in having the patience at the time for this study, being that my mother looked down on everyone around her/including us, her children. I eventually came to grasp that my mom had so many studies because she wanted to save herself, and this was her selfish main interest. I congratulate you for surviving and still keeping your head up. My studies in psychology, and my wife's intelligent ways helped us through our fading away. We had our huge JW wedding along with our ceremony in the hall. We faded weeks after, and what helped is that we moved away to a new house and never reported to our new hall. It was slightly uncomfortable at first since the brothers would come and look for us. What also helped is that we kept our gate locked and they couldn't come into our property. (The gate is 40 yards from our front door, LOL!!! "We can't hear you brothers!..")

Our message to you is this, being away gets easier by the week and before you know it, you will feel that you are happy without all the scrutiny and self-righteous behavior that the brothers and sisters are eager in dishing. If you feel you need religion, then seek one that fits you, and your future mates needs. We got distant from all men's writings and have studied too much and learned too much to go back to religion. We wish you an ongoing enlightenment and a joyous opening to your options.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome , interesting story , your still young , don`t jump out of the frying pan into the fire.

Have a look at "The Atheist Bible" or Contradictions in The Bible .before you decide what you really believe .

Their are always two sides to a coin , avail yourself to both sides , then make your own decision .

Just saying

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ adimmedlight...

Thank you for using paragraph breaks.

(not being snarky)

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I don't think she visits here anymore ...
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Damn, I didn't even notice how old the OP was.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Lol neither did I.
  • adimmedlight
    adimmedlight
    I visit every so often, but I'm forever lurking, haha. I actually feel somewhat "normal" at present. Thanks for the kind words and advice! There is so much comfort in knowing there are so many in the same boat :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit