Getting it out of my system, a VERY long introduction/outpouring..

by adimmedlight 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• oppostate
    oppostate

I too enjoyed reading your "novel"

What I get from it is that you are resilient and have a good, perceptive mind.

Learning "the truth about the truth" (TTATT) has distanced me from the JW religion but I'm more than ever, strong in my faith toward God and His Son. In them I find support and a guide in Christ's example. I hope your Christian faith will add light and brightness to everything you do in life.

Agape'

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Adimmedlight, thank you for using paragraphs.

• PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix
    Thanks for sharing. This almost make me wana share my story :)
  • adimmedlight
    adimmedlight
    Adimmedlight, thank you for using paragraphs.

I tried :P But only now do I realize how many times I have to hit the enter key for a proper line break, hehe...

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

Hey adimmedlight, great read, thank you for sharing.

Yes, RELIEF! That's exactly how I felt when I escaped the chains of that cult. Whenever I think back to that life and see what I have now, I still experience that sense of relief.

When you said: "It's funny to hear everyone say I've got my whole life ahead of me when part me of me feels like I've already lived most of it." that really resonated with me. Life as a JW does make you older before your time. Instead of the lightness and freedom and joy of a typical childhood and youth, you're trudging along in drudgery and fear and guilt, worrying about your every move and thought and whether it's good enough. It's a miserable existence when you think about it. They rob you of the joy and innocence that others get to experience.

Whenever I listen to what my non-JW friends and relatives used to get up to as kids and teenagers (nothing bad or criminal, just fun), I experience a wistful sense of loss. I can't share in their stories. I just have to sit back and smile and laugh ... and wish I had the same. Damn the JWs for stealing that from me. goddamn them.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Time heals all wounds......give your mind a rest and just live. you could come back later and straighten it out when you in a better state of mind.

Don't worry, Armagedon is not coming and neither is the the great tribulation. it's all a rouse.

give your mind a rest young one and live like there is no tomorrow.

pm me if you would like someone to talk with.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting
    Whatever you do get an education, you will not regret it.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hello 'Light,

How great to still be young when you're escaping a mind-controlling cult! And to be a grown person, the boss of yourself after being raised by irresponsible adults.

This is a wonderful forum you have found. As you have time, use the Search and look up subjects that interest you. Read, read, read and write as much as you want. You will feel better and better!

Enjoy your life! ♥

Marina

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ adimmedlight - I'm so sorry to hear about your plight. By becoming part of this forum you will make genuine friends based on real feelings and emotions. Not your "instant" friends that are so prevalent in KHalls around the world. You will be able to speak your mind and have unguarded moments for as long as you'd like. No more "I better not say this" or "I can't say this" crap that is again so common in JW land.

There are many sincere true people in this forum who like you have gone through the same exact thing and sometimes worse.

You are now experiencing the world with no blinders and it will take some getting used to. The fact of the matter is the GB with all their rules and policies have usurped the place that rightfully belongs to Jesus and Jehovah God. The reason Jesus is not mentioned much is the GB wants people to put faith in them (they subtly identify themselves as God's spokesperson therefore they are practically God's prophets which is total bull****).

If you ever have second thoughts about leaving the Witnesses always remember that they are false prophets and Jehovah God advises us not to fear them...Deuteronomy 18:20-22. There are numerous quotes throughout the years where they claim exclusivity in being God's Earthly Channel of Communication. And then there are the numerous failed prophetic statements and dates that have failed time and time again.

No matter what relatives, friends, and other brothers and sisters say, they cannot refute this fact set in stone. And if God is telling us to not fear these prophets/organizations/persons who are we to say otherwise?

Then again you may be told that the JW organization is the only organization where they teach the biblical truths and that's where you learned the truth. If so, why does the Apostle Paul specifically speak out against this sort of mentality in 1 Corinthians 1:10-17.

Stay close to Jehovah God in prayer and study by reading the Bible daily and asking everything in Jesus' name.

I don't believe we have entered the "last days" just yet and we are still waiting on Jehovah to reveal "the lawless one" which is the WTS.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit