Looking Back In Retrospect To 1975...

by titch 128 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I don't think we were mad we had accepted the tribulation started in 1914 and had been cut short already I think when 1975 was introduced just waiting for the final part Armageddon

• Ding
    Ding
    I guess Adam waited 40 years (and still counting...) before Eve was created...
  • Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I don't think we were mad we had accepted the tribulation started in 1914 and had been cut short already I think when 1975 was introduced just waiting for the final part Armageddon

And then swallowed Mad Freddie's escape clause - hook, line and bloody sinker - even though it ignored what ought to have been a very obvious fact!

Bill.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Ding, "I guess Adam waited 40 years (and still counting...) before Eve was created..."

I remember, in 1974, Frederick Franz telling an audience of over ten thousand witnesses that the Adam and Eve gap could have been months or a few years but not decades because that would have tempted Adam into bestiality.

• Splash
    Splash

The WT have taught that Adam was created in 4028, 4026 and 4025 BCE.

They are clueless. When they change their minds again there will be a whole tribe of empty heads mindlessly nodding along to every word.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Maybe my original post was written incorrectly

It was not.

WTS Postulate

526 BCE + 3500 years +1= 2975 CE (date when the millennium ends which is also end of 7th creative day)

2975 CE -1000 year (millennium of Christ rule) =1975 CE (year the millennium starts)

The postulate assumes that 4026, the date of the creation of Adam is also the beginning of the 7th creative day. It is an erroneous assumption because the author assumes that God's 6th creative day ended with the creation of Adam with no gap between the beginning of the 7th creative day.

4026 BCE + 3500 years ( 1/2 of 7th creative day)= 526 BCE +3500 years(the other half of 7000) +1=2975

written in stone

RE: Kings County "Am I missing something?"

NO, you are right. Your post shows the teaching for everyone close and far. What I meant to say in my post is that the farther away from Bethel, the more people became fixated with the year 1975. Those that lived close to the WT considered cautiously that 1975 may not definitely be the end, nevertheless, everyone hoped. The reason why those in close proximity to the WT were not certain in their minds about 1975 was because other minds juxtaposition pointed to the Eve gap. Nevertheless, everyone waited for something to happen.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nevertheless it was hyped mercilessly for years prior to 1975, it became the biggest self supporting marketing ploy the WTS ever came up with and showed in the increase in % in people who joined the organization following up to that year.

C Russell, J Rutherford, F Franz all ignorant fools and indulgently corrupt in their endeavors to promote the WTS's literature.

Sweet religious freedom that is.

• prologos
    prologos

The millennium calculations struck deeper into the souls of believers than the wt trivia, after all Usher, Newton himself had delved into this matter and given it an aura of credence.

If eclipses can be predicted millennia in advance with precision, surely the other book of "god" should be open to such accuracy too.--- right? well--- wrong, there is no other book of god but nature.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

right? well--- wrong prologos

Dan 9: 26, 27, Luke 21:22

• prologos
    prologos
    Dan 9: 26, 27 by fisherman, cryptic wordings, later applied to the 10% service that Jesus did and the time of of the baptism, of Cornelius ( the first Other Sheep bsw). and the rendering/ripping of the temple curtain, all deep stuff of the wt past, but not at par with the natural sciences, the works of the maker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit