Apostates=people who want to get revenge against

by teenyuck 15 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

LOL @hygh..I'll take that as a compliment.

• minimus
    minimus

hi puffsrule, I can feel your pain. I know what you are going through.LOVE you mother and be patient with her. You never know what she thinks. We all know it usually takes years to start to see the real truth about the truth. Most older people have a difficult time trying to change their ways. Logically and lovingly try to talk to her in spurts. Don't overload her or her brain will shut down. I have been trying this same approach and it's working.

• Nikita
    Nikita

edited because somehow this posted my same message again! Sorry!

Edited by - Nikita on 26 August 2002 21:42:26

• glitter
    glitter

((((((Puffsrule))))))

My mum's still in but listens to the evidence against them and believes it (Panorama had her in tears), but won't hear anything said against the GB because "I won't turn my back on Jehovah".

Just keep trying and don't give up, I'm not going to give up on my mum.

Just go so slowly she hardly notices her attitudes are changing - that's how they sucked her into the cult in the first place.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Puffs,

Thanks for sharing your letter. Your mom stated:

"You have a free will to do or follow your heart and I choose to follow Jehovah and stick with his organization"

You love your mom, you want what's best for her. I have felt the same way with my parents. But I must point out to you that your mother has stated her heart's intentions. It is her free will to chose what she wants. She doesn't seem to be denying you your free choices either.

Leave her be. Let her enjoy her life and the decisions she has made. She seems to be happy with them. Sometimes the greatest gift we can give somebody is the freedom to make their own decisions. It seems that you mother has made hers.

I know that this view will probably not be a popular one. But, I think you should consider it.

Love,

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 27 August 2002 5:25:17

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Hi Robyn,

I agree. I know you are correct. It is just so hard! I feel like she is underwater and I am above and can help her get out. She does not see it that way.

Thanks alot for all the support and encouragement.

Tina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit