Watchtower's RAPE Policy

by UnDisfellowshipped 54 Replies latest members adult

• Mary
    Mary

I forgot about this stupid policy of theirs on rape......what a bunch of retards that they would even CONSIDER DFing a woman for "fornication" when she was raped, simply because she didn't scream. I find it typical that they always use the Old Testament when it's to their liking, but then shun it when it's not. I guess they figure we won't notice.

Another bizarre theory of theirs is that you're not supposed to learn karate or any other form of self-defence because then you wouldn't be "relying on Jehovah". So don't bother learning how to defend yourself, just let the guy rape you, but make sure you scream real loud otherwise, we'll assume that you really, really enjoyed being raped. What total assholes.

Geeze, what about children who are molested by elders?? I guess they better be questioned as to whether or not they screamed. If they didn't, we can only assume that they enjoyed being raped by Brother Righteous and we'll have to form a Judical Committee to disfellowship the child for fornication.

It makes you wonder how much lower their stupidity can sink.

• metatron
    metatron

Maybe its fornication if they don't scream at the judicial committee when they're being accused.

Long and very loud, would be good.

metatron

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Nanoprobe, thanks for pointing that out! [An excellent thought that I've never seen in print, I might add!] Yes the rule made sense if you could be heard! But even then...

Many women have confided in me about their rape and the situations are always different. One freezes because there is a knife; another is in shock; another knows her scream will be heard but is afraid what the rapist will do to her after her rescue since they are at a party and they have mutual friends. HE might retaliate LATER to punish her.

The YOU MUST SCREAM rule is barbaric and unbelievably insensitive! Heck, even victims are to be clones of one another with no individual choice or use of instinct! Look at the animal world even...does every animal react the same way to an attack?

Mary, another good point about not being able to learn JUDO. What a crock!!!

Great thread!

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

From Hawk's link:

As she expresses it, women must learn the art of "eternal acquiescence" and "deep altruism" in dealing with their husbands if they want to find happiness.

Happiness found and it's name is Prozac.

Andee

• frogit
    frogit

As anyone ever been difellowshiped after being raped, I would really like to know if anyone really as been dealt with so unfairly?

Thanks

frogit

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Morris: I loved your comment:

Heck, even victims are to be clones of one another with no individual choice or use of instinct! Look at the animal world even...does every animal react the same way to an attack?

Now somebody explain this scripture:

If, however, it is in the field that the man found the girl who was engaged, and the man grabbed hold of her and lay down with her, the man who lay down with her must also die by himself ,

What? How can that be? We have only one witness....the girl! Did she scream? We don't know but definitely no one heard her.

Deut 22: 25-27

If, however, it is in the field that the man found the girl who was engaged, and the man grabbed hold of her and lay down with her, the man who lay down with her must also die by himself, 26 and to the girl you must do nothing. The girl has no sin deserving of death, because just as when a man rises up against his fellowman and indeed murders him, even a soul, so it is with this case. 27 For it was in the field that he found her. The girl who was engaged screamed, but there was no one to rescue her.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

to frogit:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=24064&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=27682&site=3

just for starters...there are a few more on this site and MANY MANY more on Silentlambs.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

I would like to know the real reason the society is willing to apply both Jewish Law and conditions that no longer exist in order to harm women.

I would like to know the real reason christians are willing to claim that this barbaric law was given by god. Especially in light of Jeremiah 8:8.

Those that object to the watchtower policies but at the same time claim that this law in Duet 22:13-30 is from god, are as dispicable as the WTBTS. IS their policy repulsive? Yes it is. So is the entire concept that a woman is in any way responsible for her rape.

These middle eastern/Asian laws that required a woman be punished, and if unmarried, sold to her rapist are vomitable. Under the Irish system the only one responsible for a rape, was the rapist. On the other hand it was balanced, that if a woman invited a man to intercouse, she could not later claim she was raped. He faced Glam Dicin. Literally headless. A form of disfellowshipping. From ALL of celtic society. Druid were able to notice a man at their festivals who was under Glam Dicin, perhaps by the way he would avoid the eyes of the resident Drui.

Consider the first few verses there in Duet....A man has a wife. Takes her. Decides she wasnt a virgin. Accuses her so before the city. The "tokens of her virginity" are brought forth by her father. In the NWT translation it says MANTLE. It isnt though. It is cloth. The Society, and many other christians, give the impression that a sheet was laid under them, on their first night. The husband gave this sheet to the father. Then the father had the proof. The Talmud and hebraic history says plainly it was a small cloth which the father wrapped around his fingers and inserted into his daughter, to gain the proof!

This makes much more sense as a man that was going to lyingly accuse his wife of not being a virgin, would never hand the proof of her virginity over to her father. And god help her if the proof was lost. Or if she had already broken her hymen. And thus no blood came out. The penalty for her was her own murder by stoning.

Yes of course there was a way to see if the man too was a virgin so it was an equitable law. Oh wait..I am mistaken, NO THERE WASNT.

And the fine if the man lied? 100 Shekels of silver paid to the womans FATHER!...And he had to remain married to the woman for the rest of his life. He could never divorce her. Yes lovely..now the woman is stuck with a man who tried to get her EXECUTED! Is it any wonder the New Testament (which over and over again rejects Old Testament laws as wicked) calls Joseph RIGHTEOUS in that he wanted to put Mary away in secret?

Then if they have sex with someone who is not their spouse, the penalty, again murder. Death..by stoning. For both the man and the woman. The watchtower, and other christians call this righteous..whatever. "God knows that adultery often breaks families up so he forbade it".....I guess the MURDER BY STONING of a marraige mate, and possibly parent does NOT break up a family.

Then this filth of a woman being raped in the city and the required murder of her by stoning. Some try to point to all kinds of nonsense saying the law is done away with. Was the law not PERFECT? Was it not from God? You know my answer. Now we have airplanes..and cars..and and and and....Who cares.. Fact of the matter is that rape was then as now. There is not soooo much noise that someone could not get someones attention if she screamed. BUt who CARES? Rape is NOT her fault whether she screams or not. Whether she dresses provocatively or not. Whether she is attractive or not. Knives, swords, gags, threats, fear, all existed back then.

Oh but how loving it is if she is raped in the field...she is not murdered by stoning. HOW UNREASONABLE a statement!!!!! Make Righteous laws to begin with and you dont need to make 'loving' exceptions.

And finally..joy of joys. For the virgin that is raped. Well she is sold to her rapist and he can never divorce her. Who the hell really thinks GOD came up with all of these BENEFITS for women?

Decry the watchtower? YES! But that means also you have to ask some serious questions about the bible.

Thanks to those who brought up the sections were MEN OF GOD offered their own daughters for rape. Now I like some of yall on here. Cygnus for isntance. Nothing personal cyg but if you are ever visiting my house and some crowd forms outside, you and me are toast cause I aint gonna give them my neices to protect you.

WAKE UP PEOPLE. Deut 22 should be reason enough to dismiss the entire bible or at least admit that it was CHANGED DRASTICALLY from what god originally gave....Based on the conduct of those sicks in those countries I reckon it went something like this...

Moses: Ok god what punishment should we give to a woman who has been raped?

God: Are you an idiot? Its not her fault you moron. Why dont you just execute her you diplip.

Moses: Thanks god. (missing the point cause he is an ignoramous)

So once again I say..I would like to know the REAL reason christians of ANY group support that filth as if it comes from god. And it makes me suspect of all their actions from thence on....

One more thing..how about that concoction a woman accused of adultery was made to drink. Water with ashes from the sacrifice...her belly? legs? fell out..to PROVE she had done it. Wasnt that so loving. And what about the same kind of concoction for the man? Oops God must have forgotten that...

The bible is so anti woman it is pathetic. And yall whine at me if I say broad!

Edited by - Hyghlandyr on 26 August 2002 18:58:13

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

Hawkaw,

Page 28 of the article you posted comes up blank for me. Anyone else have that problem? Am so bummed not to be able to finish the article and am waiting with bated breath to read what other assinine arguments they came up with in 1967 to assert male superiority.

Honestly, the Bethel boys were (and still are) such shameless ignoramuses! I wonder how many dubs read that and rolled their eyes inwardly but were afraid to admit it. I remember a few of the feistier sisters grumbling amongst themselves other those types of articles -- we all cringed because we knew some asshole of an elder had some new ammunition to use against us for the next 6 months. Am so glad I'm out of the freaking religion!

Faith

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Hyghlandyr

As far as your argument regarding the book of Deuteronomy not being from God, you may be right or you may be wrong. But the point is that the nation of Israel used this law for centuries and the WTS is trying to apply it today. I was attempting to question whether it was being defined correctly by WTS in the times we live.

Also on the mantle deal......I thought the young couple laid on it and had sex the first night, then her parents grabbed it and put it away. I have read that a smart mother would always prick her finger and add a little blood. Some stories have the parents in the same room behind a curtain. Weird for sure.

Oh, and on the drink to see if a woman was guilty of adultery......I always figured it was just water. See that's the beauty of it, it never worked the woman was always innocent.

I did a lot of research at judiac.org and with every commentary I could find on these scriptures. I didn't actually find too much though, but I have some additional thoughts.

Edited by - nanoprobe on 26 August 2002 22:18:31

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit