Watchtower's RAPE Policy

by UnDisfellowshipped 54 Replies latest members adult

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

hmm...i feel so bad for all the women (and some men) that were rapped =( ~FS

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Nano that was your point. My point is that if a christian believes these things are from god, JW christian or otherwise, they believe in a nasty, spiteful, wicked, filthy, misogynistic god.

Now me with all of my amorality, and what most here would consider immorality, would never think to murder a woman who has been raped. But this is what the bible condemns. Whether christians follow it in spirit or in letter is irrelevant. The only way I would accept a christian is if they said it was allegorical meaning that the woman feels dad after she has been raped and thus needs extra care..or it was added...or the bible itself is not from god but from men.

Christians are dangerous people...and so are all three groups that are descended from those traditions...

As to the man and woman laying on a cloth, sure enough that is what christians would want you to believe. Judaic org certainly isnt going to broadcast that GOD told them essentially to molest their daughters, albeit at a marrying age. But it is in the Talmuds of the time. And it is in hebrew history...not that they laid on a cloth, but that they inserted as I said.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

HappyHeathen

The link should be fixed.

Enjoy and sorry it didn't work the first time.

hawk

• sf
    sf

Ah yes, BILL O'REILLY, church pedophiles and WTBTS rape 'policies'. I'm not sure, but I am pretty sure he is well Aware!...as the 50+ emails from me will attest.

Undfed One? If you get Bill (O'Reilly) off his pedestal and actually get him to CARE about this, at all, I will bow down at your feet. The man STILL has not addressed ANY OF THESE ISSUES that have been mailed to him (his show).

I will even throw in a foot massage!!

Good work and good luck with that pompos ass O' Reilly.

sKally, Factor THIS!

• JBean
    JBean

I think getting on the O'Reilly Factor is a great idea! I don't always agree with the guy... but he definitely has a following!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here is another Thread on this subject:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35612&site=3

Yeah, I don't know why O'Reilly won't do a silentlambs Show.

Can you imagine O'Reilly doing an Interview with J.R. Brown or Ted Jaracz? WOW!

I would have thought he would want to do a Show since Connie Chung did one on his time slot.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 30 August 2002 2:9:36

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here are some interesting and damning Watchtower Quotes (when compared to their Rape Policies, UN Scandal, Pedophile Cover-Up, Wicked and Evil Blood Policies, Satanic Shunning, and all of the other Gross things the Society is guilty of, including owning part a company that is working with the Navy to build Missiles! Not to mention their False Prophecies, Ban on Vaccinations, Ban on Organ Transplants, and ban on Alternative Military Service! Plus their COMPLETE Corruption of their Bible "Translation". Sorry for going on and on, just upset about the evil I see in the leadership of the Society)

*** Watchtower December 15th 1990 Issue, Page 26 ***

For over a century, delightful, correct words of truth covering every aspect of life have been presented in the Watch Tower Society's publications and widely distributed in many languages.

*** Watchtower May 15th 1957 Issue, Pages 313 to 315 Appreciating Basic Christian Publications ***

...Their zeal for knowledge may even prompt them to dig back into things that were published long before they came into the truth, expanding and deepening their understanding, and ever growing in Christian maturity... Do you dig out older publications to expand and deepen your knowledge on subjects about which questions arise? Have you really studied these earlier publications?... How is your background of knowledge? ... Never think: "Oh, I know most of that." For you will find, indeed, that you do not and that you will be strengthened by your additional study...once you have completed your study of them you can then look to even older publications... Only by studying earlier publications and digging back through previous issues of The Watchtower kept in the library at your local Kingdom Hall. There is much in the way of spiritual riches and aids toward mature knowledge in these earlier publications, and their study is most certainly worth your time.

*** The Watchtower November 15th 2001 Issue, Page 19 ***

"Hypocrisy...will ultimately prove death-dealing to those who practice it. In the end, hypocrisy will be openly exposed. There is nothing covered over that will not become uncovered, said Jesus Christ, and secret that will not become known. (Matthew 10:26; Luke 12:2) Wise King Solomon declared: The true God himself will bring every sort of work into the judgment in relation to every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad. Ecclesiastes 12:14.""

*** Watchtower October 1st 1959 Issue, Pages 607-608 Questions from Readers ***

Questions from Readers

Question: Who are the writers of the publications of the Watch Tower Society, and what are their educational qualifications? -M.D., U.S.A.

The literature published by the Watch Tower Society is published in the name of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. Regardless of who may write certain articles, they are checked carefully by members of the governing body before they are published; so they are properly viewed as coming from the Society. Our publishing work is not done to glorify any men or to give them a name of prominence before this world, depending upon the name of men in order to induce a study of God's Word with the aid of the Watch Tower Society's publications. We avoid all kinds of creature worship and anything that would stimulate to creature worship. In harmony with this endeavor the Society does not identify the writers of the various books, booklets, magazines, or articles that it publishes. They prefer to remain anonymous, not because of their educational background but in order that the students of the literature may concentrate on the truths and the facts presented instead of upon the identity of the writer and being influenced by who he is. They prefer that the Society and not the individual contributor to its publications should be the thing to recommend the Watch Tower publications to all readers and that the attention of readers should be directed to the organization that is being used by Jehovah God as his instrument rather than to any individual.-Matt. 24:45-47.

So we let the literature speak for itself.

*** The Watchtower Reprints, May 1881, Page 188 ***

"If we were following a man undoubtedly it would be different with us; undoubtedly one human idea would contradict another and that which was light one or two or six years ago would be regarded as darkness now: But with God there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning, and so it is with truth; any knowledge or light coming from God must be like its author. A new view of truth never can contradict a former truth. 'New light' never extinguishes older 'light,' but adds to it."

*** The Watchtower May 15th 1976 Issue, Page 298 ***

"It is a serious matter to represent God and Christ in one way, then find that our understanding of the major teachings and fundamental doctrines of the Scriptures was in error, and then after that, to go back to the very doctrines that, by years of study, we had thoroughly determined to be in error. Christians cannot be vacillating--'wishy-washy'-- about such fundamental teachings. What confidence can one put in the sincerity or judgment of such persons?"

*** The Watchtower December 1st 1981 Issue, Page 26 ***

"Truly, all the foregoing demonstrates that the pathway of Jehovah's people has been and is like the bright light that gets ever brighter. (Prov. 4:18) As they came out of the gross darkness enveloping 'Babylon the Great,' the world empire of false religion, it was not to be expected that they would see all things immediately in their true light. (Rev. 17:5) The brilliance of revealed truth could have had a blinding, even a confusing, effect upon them spiritually. This could be compared to a person's coming out of a totally dark room into bright sunlight. It would take time for the person's eyes to adjust to the sudden glare of brilliant sunlight."

*** The Watchtower December 1st 1981 Issue, Page 27 ***

"However, it may have seemed to some as though that path has not always gone straight forward. At times explanations given by Jehovah's visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case. This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as a 'tacking.' By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds."

Here is the Webster Dictionary's Definition of "Tacking" of a Boat:

1 : to change the direction of (a sailing ship) when sailing close-hauled by turning the bow to the wind and shifting the sails so as to fall off on the other side at about the same angle as before intransitive senses
    2 a : to tack a sailing ship
    2 b : of a ship : to change to an opposite tack by turning the bow to the wind
    2 c : to follow a course against the wind by a series of tacks
    3 a : to follow a zigzag course
    3 b : to modify one's policy or attitude abruptly

A VERY APPROPRIATE COMPARISON INDEED!

Read below what the Bible says about changing your Teachings and COMPARE the Bible to the Watchtower Articles above:

Ephesians 4:14: That we from now on are no longer children, tossed to and fro, in opposite directions, shifting back and forth from one thing to another with uncertainty, and carried about with every wind of doctrine and teaching, by the fraud of men, and cunning craftiness, by which they lie in wait to deceive;
    Ephesians 4:15: But speaking the Truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, who is the Head, even Christ:
    Ephesians 4:16: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplies, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, makes increase of the body to the edifying of itself in love.

James 1:5: If any of YOU lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally, and does not defame or revile; and it shall be given him.
    James 1:6: But let him ask in Faith, with no wavering, or moving to and fro, or back and forth, or fluctuating, or being unsettled in opinion, or doubting. For he who wavers and doubts is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
    James 1:7: For do not let that man think that he shall receive anything from the Lord.
    James 1:8: A double minded man who is fluctuating back and forth is unstable in all his ways.

Proverbs 24:21: My son, fear Jehovah and the king: and do not meddle, engage, or mingle with them who are insisting upon change:
    Proverbs 24:22: For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knows the ruin of them both?

Malachi 3:6: For I am Jehovah, I do not change;...

James 1:17: Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of Lights, with whom there is no variableness, variation, or change, neither shadow caused by turning or changing.

Hebrews 13:8: Jesus Christ the Same yesterday, and today, and forever.
    Hebrews 13:9: Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with undeserved kindness; not with foods, which have not profited them who have been occupied in it.

Psalms 102:24: I said, O my God, do not take me away in the midst of my days: Your years are throughout all generations.
    Psalms 102:25: Of old You have laid the foundation of the Earth: and the Heavens are the work of Your hands.
    Psalms 102:26: They shall perish, but You shall endure: yes, all of them shall become old like a garment; as a garment You shall change them, and they shall be changed:
    Psalms 102:27: But You are the Same, and Your years shall have no end.
    Psalms 102:28: The children of Your servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before You.

Hebrews 1:8: But to the Son He {The Father} says, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of Your Kingdom.
    Hebrews 1:9: You have loved righteousness, and hated wickedness; therefore God, even Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your fellows.
    Hebrews 1:10: And, You, Lord, in the beginning have laid the foundation of the Earth; and the Heavens are the works of Your hands:
    Hebrews 1:11: They shall perish; but You remain; and they all shall become old as does a garment;
    Hebrews 1:12: And as a garment You shall fold them up, and they shall be changed: but You are the Same, and Your years shall not fail.

Galatians 1:6: I marvel that YOU are so soon removed from Him who called YOU into the undeserved kindness of Christ to another gospel:
    Galatians 1:7: Which is not actually another; but there are some who trouble YOU, and would pervert the Gospel of Christ.
    Galatians 1:8: But even if we, or an angel from Heaven, preach any other gospel to YOU than that which we have preached to YOU, let him be accursed {condemned}.
    Galatians 1:9: As we said before, so I now say again, If any man preaches any other gospel to YOU than that which YOU have received, let him be accursed {condemned}.
    Galatians 1:10: For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
    Galatians 1:11: But I certify and make known to YOU, brothers, that the Gospel which was preached by me is not after man.
    Galatians 1:12: For I neither received it from man, neither was I taught it, but by the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:18: For if I build up again the things which I have destroyed, I make myself a transgressor (Law-breaker).

2nd Corinthians 11:3: But I fear, that by any means, as the Serpent deceived Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
    2nd Corinthians 11:4: For if he who comes preaches another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if YOU receive another spirit, which YOU have not received, or another Gospel, which YOU have not accepted, YOU might well bear with him.

2nd Corinthians 11:13: For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the Apostles of Christ.
    2nd Corinthians 11:14: And it's no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    2nd Corinthians 11:15: Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also are transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

1st Corinthians 15:58: Therefore, my beloved brothers, YOU be steadfast, settled, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as YOU know that YOUR labor is not in vain in the Lord.

Romans 16:17: Now I ask YOU, brothers, to mark those who cause divisions, offenses, and stumbling-blocks contrary to the Doctrine which YOU have learned; and avoid them.
    Romans 16:18: For they who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
    Romans 16:19: For YOUR obedience has come abroad to all men. I am glad therefore on YOUR behalf: but yet I would have you wise to that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

2nd Timothy 3:13: But evil men, seducers, and deceivers shall become worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
    2nd Timothy 3:14: But you continue in the things which you have learned and have been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them;
    2nd Timothy 3:15: And that from a child you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise to salvation through Faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    2nd Timothy 3:16: All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for Doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    2nd Timothy 3:17: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works.

John 8:32: And YOU shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall set YOU free.

John 14:6: Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man comes to the Father, except by Me.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here is a very interesting Quote that I took from http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com/women.htm

Awake! August 22nd 1967 Issue, Pages 27, 28:

The apostle Paul, in giving instructions on congregational meetings of Christians, stated, among other things: "I do not permit a woman to teach, or to exercise authority over a man." (1 Tim. 2:12) Today many religious organizations take exception to these words of Paul. In fact, we find more and more women being ordained to Protestant pulpits. Just why did the apostle state this rule?

This rule is based on a principle that governs the relations between the sexes, namely: "The head of every man i s the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God," (1 Cor. 11:3) The logic of headship must be apparent to all. If two or more intelligent persons are to cooperate, there must be organization, and for organization to be successful there must be a head. That Jehovah God, the Father, is the Head of his Son, Jesus Christ, is obvious; also, that his Son should be the head of his congregation. But not so readily appreciated is the statement that man exercise headship over the woman and that therefore woman should not exercise authority over the man.

However, the facts show that the headship of a man is both somatically and psychologically sound and in the best interests of all concerned, even as we shall see. Thus a leading authority on the human body (soma), Gray's Anatomy (1966 Edition), tells the interesting fact that as regards the human skull there is no difference between the male and the female until the time of puberty; but then as adulthood is reached the difference becomes more and more apparent. The female skull is lighter and its cranial capacity is about 10 percent smaller than that of a male, even as is the rest of the anatomy. The contour of the female skull is also more rounded and the facial bones are smoother. Apparently, with the lines of beauty goes less rugged strength.

True, mere brain size in itself is not as important as brain quality, but where the quality is the same the larger brain size has an advantage. Thus Science News, April 1, 1967, told of twenty African children who were so extremely undernourished in the first few years of their lives that "head circumferences...averages an inch less that the others, indicating smaller brain." And over the years all these were found to have verbal, mathematical and perceptual capabilities far below those of other children. Implicit in these findings is that man is advantaged by a greater brain size.

That it is in the best interests of both sexes for man to take the lead is also supported by psychological evidence. One of New York city's leading psychiatrists and psychoanalysts, Dr. Marie N. Robinson, in one of her books, which deals with certain frustrations of married women, skillfully demonstrates by case histories that many of these particular frustrations can be ended if women will but recognized the fact that the way their bodies are made gives evidence that it is intended for man to be the head. As she expresses it, women must learn the art of "eternal acquiescence" and "deep altruism" in dealing with their husbands if they want to find happiness.

The children also stand to benefit when the Scriptural principles governing the sexes are followed. To woman falls the lot, not only of conceiving and bearing children, but also, to a great extent, of nurturing them in their earliest infancy and on to maturity. It stands to reason that for a mother to do justice to her task she must have an abundance of love and devotion, she must have much patience, great gentleness and mildness and be extremely sensitive to the needs of her offspring from infancy onward, if they are to thrive.

It follows that her entire personality must be of such a sensitive and gentle nature as to do justice to the delicate needs of the tiny developing minds and bodies. However, an abundance of such qualities does not go hand in hand with those needed for leadership and meeting stern challenges. More than that, by the Scriptures' limiting the woman's role in the congregation it makes it more likely that she will have the needed time and energy to look after the needs of her family properly. So, while she may have other interest, she should never forget that as a wife her career is caring for the physical, mental and emotional well-being of her family.

The Scriptural position might be said also to take into consideration woman's biological nature. As every woman in the prime of life is well aware, she has certain difficult days each month during which she cannot give of her best and during which she very much appreciates her husband's showing her consideration. But if she had responsibilities of oversight and was required to hold forth regularly on the public platform regardless, either her performance or her health would suffer. Recognizing the factor, God's Word counsels husbands to dwell with their wives "according to knowledge, assigning them honor as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one." -- 1 Pet. 3:7.

Of course, the foregoing does not mean that mothers are not to teach their own children. The Bible speaks of "the law of your mother" and tells of the good results of mothers' teaching their offspring the Word of God, as in the case of the Christian minister Timothy. (Prov. 6:20; 2 Tim. 1:5; 3:14, 15) Nor does it mean that women may not be schoolteachers, instructing youths and adults in secular subjects. But women are not to exercise authority over Christian men in the Christian congregation nor are they to assume authority over their own husbands in their homes.

That women are not precluded from preaching to those outside the Christian congregation can be seen from the prophecy quoted by the apostle Peter on the day of Pentecost: "I shall pour out some of my spirit upon every sort of flesh, and your sons and your daughters will prophesy and your young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams; and even upon my men slaves an upon my women slaves I will pour out some of my spirit in those days, and they will prophesy." (Acts 2:17, 18) In keeping with this prophecy, today there are literally hundreds of thousands of women ministers who "prophesy" by preaching the good news of God's kingdom and who teach Bible truths to both men and women in their homes and who receive many blessings from doing so.

The headship that the Scriptures assign to the man indicates that man and woman have different roles to play in life. The fact that Christian husbands are commanded to love their wives as Jesus Christ loved the congregation, he even dying for it, should certainly preclude any criticism of the role that God's Word assigns to the man. His is a difficult assignment, but for it he has also been equipped. Truly the Scriptural position is seen to be sound, practical and wise. Happy are all those governed by it! -- Eph. 5:25-33.

Here's another one:

Awake! March 22nd 1973 Issue, Page 13:

Chess-What Kind of Game Is It?

Highly Competitive Game

However, pitting one mind against another, with the element of chance eliminated entirely, tends to stir up a competitive spirit in chess players. In fact, chess is frequently characterized as an 'intellectualized fight.' For example, dethroned world chess champion Boris Spassky noted: "By nature I do not have a combative urge. . . . But in chess you have to be a fighter, and of necessity I became one."

This helps to explain why there are no topflight women chess players-the more than eighty chess grand masters in the world are all men. Actress Sylvia Miles observed regarding this: "To be a professional chess player, you have to be a killer. If the spirit of competition in American women ever does become that strong, then I think we'll get some major female players."

• Gayle
    Gayle

What is the most current status of the WTS on this now?

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Wow!!! Good bump!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit