Pure Language ROFL!

by outcast 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• abbagail
    abbagail

Outcast! LOL! on the Colorado Wannabeeeee! I took note of your formatting (bold) of the word Aspen! :-) Maybe YB has Aspen TREES in Illinois? Or maybe he is fond of the Aspen COLOGNE that was a big deal a few years back.

The administrator's last sentence I found extremely interesting:

Like you, I would hope to be able to read that article with a clear conscience that I personally do not abuse copyright law in regard to the society's printed material, nor try to act as spokeperson for them online.

Are we to assume that means that it is OKAY for dubs to be "spokespersons" for the Org ONLY in the door-to-door world but not in the virtual-reality world? Sounds to me like the WTS is shooting themselves in the foot.

Thanks!
    Grits

• Simon
    Simon

The problem with the link should now be fixed SYN ... thanks for the heads up on that.

• SYN
    SYN

NP Simon.

So, PLN is "going down", eh?

• Simon
    Simon

I think it would be a shame if it did - for many JWs it may be their first step on the internet and interacting with people online. I think this should be encouraged and I'd hate to see them just pull up the drawbridge and lock the shutters.

• SYN
    SYN

Simon: Well, JWZone will remain open. DanG will close that site over his dead body! Well, that's what I gathered from the comments there. So even if PLN does close down (it's just a waste of bandwidth anyway I mean come on, their most exciting threads there are along the lines of "What's your favourite colour?" and stuff ), all of them will go to JWZone for their online Dub fix.

Edited to add: And this is a good thing! JWZone Dubs are baaaaaaaaaaaad! They're basically on the fringe! I mean, look at all the questioning and stuff going on about the New Light (you know, AVOID THE INTERNET, SHEEPLE, that "Light") on that site! They're an Apostofest away from becoming Apostates in Good Standing! In fact we could probably "tip the scales" by introducing them to that miracle from Jehovah, spiritual food beer!

Edited by - SYN on 26 August 2002 13:55:7

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Simon, of course the WT would want to shut down these sites for the reasons you stated. Even though pro JW, they still get "good" witnesses feet wet on the internet. Its like the gateway drug to the crack that this site is.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    "Avoid the Pursuit of "Valuless Things"

Trouble is that we get disfellowshipped and villified as 'disgruntled ex-members' for following this advice - 'Catch 22'.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit