Pure Language ROFL!

by outcast 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• outcast
    outcast

Looks like Pure Language Network is going to go down soon.

Poor robots, where can they find any information now?

http://www.purelanguage.net/forums/showthread.php?s=be1e973a8d31d72c6006eeda6e523497&threadid=3751

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The link doesn't work

• Gopher
    Gopher

They're not supposed to be on the Internet anyway!! It's too darn dangerous!! Hey, that's what the Society says, and they wouldn't mislead you now!!

Gopher (of the I'll-take-a-chance-anyhow class)

• outcast
    outcast

They have gotten savy over there...he he...can't post a link anymore.

Here is some of it, from the parlor.

________________________________________________________________________________

Any comments on the article "Avoid the Pursuit of "Valuless Things" found on the back page (p. 8) of the September, 2002 KM?

I have a comment. Any story that has originated from any of the members of PLN has always been substantiated by links to worldly news sources. It's not false or sensational, but the facts as that news source knew them at the time.

As for copyright laws, a copyright is a copyRIGHT, and yes, it is a violation of those laws that protect them to reproduce them without the publishers permission. In this case, the publisher is the faithful and discreet slave, and no, we don't have their permission. I personally am going to continue to do as I have since I began exploring the internet.

I don't have extensive web pages devoted to things pertaining to the WTBTS or the Christian Brotherhood, but I have to admit that I do use theocratic information that is available over the internet to enhance my studies. They have proven to be a time saving blessing when I have needed to draw upon them, and have built me up when I have needed encouragement.

That is my take on the article in the KM. Any other thoughts?

YB Aspen

edited because wouldn't you like to know

Edited by - outcast on 26 August 2002 2:50:19

• abbagail
    abbagail

YB Aspen sounds like a REBEL to me!

And I'd like to know more about YB Aspen. Aspen is where I learned the truth (lived there '75-'80) and began studying, then moved back to the south and got baptized in the same year (back in the "old days").

Thanks for the info, outcast. Let us know when the site closes shop!

Grits

• outcast
    outcast

Grits, his profile says he's from Freeport Illiniois. Oh darn, maybe he's an a Colorado wannabe.

The response from the sites owner.

She is from Austrailia.

I am now craving shrimps on the barbi'

witness websites"

I do not yet have my Sept km but I was expecting something in this issue about the internet. That must be it.

When you look at all the 'do good' stuff some brothers use their webspace for I have to admit I am uneasy with it. Especially ones that devote all their time and energies to providing links and info re: the society and witness activities.

Some of our posters will occasionally advertise links to those sites here or use them as a source. The Society would have to object to these would-be spokespersons, well intentioned or not. After all, we have only one source of instruction, and we get it through the proper channels 'at the proper time'.

But I take your point Aspen, that we personally have to examine ourselves and what we personally do. Like you, I would hope to be able to read that article with a clear conscience that I personally do not abuse copyright law in regard to the society's printed material, nor try to act as spokeperson for them online.

• Simon
    Simon

Sounds like some people are starting to think for themselves ... I wonder how representative of JWdom as a whole this will be?

The WTS may be starting to fnid themselves ignored !

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Good point, Simon. The Dubs already on the 'net already know its value and its pitfalls; they're not going to be so easily intimidated by Borg posturing. After all, they have anonymity, and they are are not doing anything they feel would threaten their standing before Jehovah. Unless someone turns whistleblower and starts reporting the administrators of pro-Dub sites, they will continue to run, which will make the Borg look even more ineffectual. Some may even get tired of the being pushed around and join us here.

• SYN
    SYN

Simon! The forum software still inserts "amp;" into URLS! That's why the URL didn't work!

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks SYN ... I'll see what I can do

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit