DISPROVE THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Thank you for all the fine comments in answering this question. I will try to employ some of the suggestions. I appreciate nathan's comment about asking them viewpoint questions in order to reach them.

• JT
    JT

in my view there really is no easy answer that will satisfy the avg jw- as you mentioned it is pounded into their heads do a search on the 99 cdrom on Matt 24:45-47- it is one of the most quoted text in the entire wt library.

we have discussed this issue before and one can only conclude that this IS THE MOST IMPORTANT DOGMA WT TEACHES

it is the Core of the wt.-- for if this one dogma is knocked down the entire house of cards falls-

the catch is watching how the wt redefines THE FDS , it is my understanding that right now the boys in Writing are trying to figure out how they will redefine this dogma, we already know that they have been laying the ground work for a number of years with the introduction of the GIVEN ONES..

ONCE a bible student is convinced that the FDS SPEAK FOR GOD the rest is easy

once you have convinced the student that whatever is published is from god like the bible is

then the rest is history,

do you recall about 7yr ago that all were instructed to set aside 15min at the end of a bible study to INTRODUCE THE STUDENT TO THE ORG ,by reviewing the elders, co, do , bethel and so forth

to BUILD APPRECITAITON IN THE ORG is what the KM called it

yes once you no longer fall for the old FDS routine you are free

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Minimus,

I happen to believe it is possible toPROVE that the societies teaching on the FDS is not true. Basically Crisis of conscience lays it out evenly.

1) FDS definition = all anointed on Earth as a group (according to the WT).

2) The "Spiritual food" = publications, talk outlines and other misc propaganda from the WT.

Ask them to define exactly what is the FDS. Ask them what is the exact mechanism that the "annointed" old ladies and old men scattered around planet use to have input into the publications. Do they communicate with Headquarters via phone? internet? fax? telepathy? The truth is that they do not have any input at all! (OK I know everyone here knows this stuff). If the little old men/ladies scattered around the planet are the FDS then something is very wrong with the spiritual food. Ask them if they ever heard of a little old anointed brother having any imput into an WT article. The FDS teaching has no resemblance with reality whatsoever. This is a fact that's not too hard to establish. I actually made this point with a Bethelite friend of mine recently. He conceded.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Joseph,

: Only the Master can identify this slave as faithful or evil. So the slave is simply disciples good or bad living together in the world represented by all the churches in existence. The identification and judgment of them will not be done until He comes again. Since this has not yet occurred, their claim to be such is false. It is that simple.

A reading of the verses would lead any rational person to the same conclusion.

Just like a reading of the verses before and after the famous WT cop-out when they lie: "the light gets brighter..." Even a stupid guy like me can see from the context that that context is about human growth, not false prophecy and an excuse to make it.

Farkel

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Ive got a very simple test. If the FDS was present in the first century, why don't we find it mentioned throughout the Christian Greek Scriptures? Certainly, if this teaching is suppose to be the centerpiece of Christianity (as the Watchtower would have it, making mention of it in almost every Watchtower!), Paul or other Bible writers would have mentioned it at least once, wouldn't they? This FDS-thing is really a way to control the masses and brainwash people into mass subjection to something that isn't real. In fact, it's a lie, untruth, a falsehood, and evil! In reality, they've managed to subjugate people to the Watchtower Corporation(s) by creating this imaginary entity!

Edited by - cyberguy on 25 August 2002 0:58:19

• minimus
    minimus

WELCOME, FREE WILLY....good comments...when your Bethelite friend conceded that you were right, did he change his view of the slave?.....I doubt it.

• minimus
    minimus

CYBERGUY, I like your little test!

• Farkel
    Farkel

cyberguy,

: This FDS-thing is really a way to control the masses and brainwash people into mass subjection to something that isn't real. In fact, it's a lie, untruth, a falsehood, and evil! In reality, they've managed to subjugate people to the Watchtower Corporation(s) by creating this imaginary entity!

Yeah? Well you're just "bitter," that's all. Everything I say is "Bible-Based(tm)."

Farkel

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

farkel,

I did have a post about a year ago about what I felt the FDS parable was really talking about, from a "scriptural" standpoint! Many others have done likewise. This is a worn-out subject, but it makes my blood boil every time I think about it! I'm not just "bitter," but convinced that the Bible does not support Watchtower's FDS teaching! Furthermore, here's another "simple" test: how is it that Watchtower says there are 2 slave classes when the parable only mentions 1 slave? I've tried several of these simple arguments on active Witnesses and they are left totally speechless. By the way, I do enjoy your posts on this board!

• Englishman
    Englishman

The FDS class is just another one of the WT's ruses to get people pigeon-holed into putting themselves below their masters, as is the most recent "class" of people that they have come up with, ie the "chieftain class".

I can't find the word "class" in my Bible and there is no indication anywhere that the FDS parable was ever anything more than that; a parable. Even the most brain-washed dub will eventually chicken out when cornered into having to prove that the FDS refers to the 144,000 . There is no link, no connection, absolutely nothing.

I've lobbed this one out a few times now, even wily old Yadirf / Friday is totally stumped when asked to prove that the FDS means the 144,000.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit