DISPROVE THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• nancee park
    nancee park

I made 3 solid points and WTS Double Agent007's "tork outa their choc. starfish" effort to distract can't take them away. They stand.

• Mary
    Mary

Actually, all's you have to do is tell them that Jerusalem was destroyed in 586BCE, NOT 607BCE and that both the bible, secular and archeological history proves it. That's all you have to say..........

Man oh man, I said that once to an elder a few years ago and you could just SEE the wheels in his brain spining on warp drive!!

After all, if Jerusalem was destroyed in 586BCE that would mean that Jesus didn't "return" in 1914, that the "resurrection" didn't start in 1918 and that (gasp!) Jehovah didn't appoint these doh-doh-birds in 1919!!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I'm not entirely sure why, but I get the impression that Farkel thinks the FDS are a bunch of assholes

Just for the record, I've posted HUNDREDS of articles on why they cannot be the FDS..

Point two: it would be a massive understatement of my position to state that I think they are merely a bunch of assholes. This board now has rules and I can no longer say what I really think.

Sio, what's your favorite pizza topping?

Farkel

• larc
    larc

It seems to me that many of you want to make the arguement that the JW FDS is no a real FDS because they they have not been faithful, and have reached the point of assholedness. I make the point that there is no FDS whatsoever, in any organized sense of that term. Farkel, call in an order for a large, thin crust pizza with sausage only. You buy the pizza, and I will buy the beer.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Strictly speaking, Minimus, your challenge to us - "DISPROVE THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE" is asking us to prove a negative, which is a difficult assignment. Instead, we should abide by the usual rules of debate that holds a person who makes a claim responsible for providing evidence in support of that claim.

So then, what do these pretenders offer to support their claim that they are the "faithful and Discreet Slave"?

Most of their claims have a metaphysical, supernatural basis. Since we can only operate in the REAL world and not in any variety of imaginary alternate realities, we might find ourselves again trying to prove a negative when the claim is based on such an imaginary alternate reality.

We might ask, "What would we expect from "the Faithful and Discreet Slave," if there was one?

Could we expect accurate prophecies?

The Watchtower Society has a perfect record of innaccuracy - not a single one of their predictions has ever come true.

Could we expect moral leadership free of hypocrisy?

The Watchtower Society allowed tens of thousands of faithful Jehovah's Witnesses to be displaced, beaten and persecuted in Malawi by REQUIRING that these JWs not purchase a twenty-five cent political card at THE SAME TIME that the same Watchtower Society permitted JWs in Mexico to bribe government officials to obtain false documentation of military service that was never rendered.

Thousands of silent lambs and abused lambs have testified that the Watchtower pretenders were more concerned with the image of "the organization" than they were with actually making that organization into a loving, supportive and protecting environment in which small children and battered women could feel safe.

For ten years, after making public pronouncements condemning the United Nations as a tool of Satan, the Watchtower Society engaged in an illicit and adulterous affair with the United Nations, breaking off the affair only after it became public knowledge.

The Watchtower Society has been pleased to count among its financial holdings stock in companies involved in the manufacture of weaons of war, beating their plowshares into swords.

The Watchtower Society to this day requires its membership to refuse blood transfusions for themselves and their children. In a twisted application of misunderstood Mosaic Law, the Watchtower Society has elevated the symbol of life - blood - to the level of a revered religious icon while they allow precious lives to be extingushed in worshipful respect of the religious icon.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 24 August 2002 21:8:40

• Francois
    Francois

And here all this time I thought FDS stood for Feminine Deodorant Spray - Industrial Strength. And that's just what the Borg needs; to be dunked into vats of FDS until they're squeaky clean. Then, we'll run 'em outta town on a rail.

francois

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

You can't disprove it...the same way you can't disprove it to the Flat Earth Society .

This is coming from the true FDS..which I really am...seriously.

• Farkel
    Farkel

larc,

:It seems to me that many of you want to make the arguement that the JW FDS is no a real FDS because they they have not been faithful,

Nitpicker.

:...and have reached the point of assholedness.

Nitpicker.

: I make the point that there is no FDS whatsoever, in any organized sense of that term.

So you want to destroy an entire religion just because the whole thing is built on a foundation of lies. I always knew you had a hidden agenda.

: Farkel, call in an order for a large, thin crust pizza with sausage only. You buy the pizza, and I will buy the beer.

Deal!

Farkel

• siegswife
    siegswife

I agree with larc.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=35215&site=3

paragraph 5. Maybe this proof is just a tad too obvious. When I read it yesterday, I wondered whether the wt should have a brother specifically employed (I use that term in a physical sense) to cut out the really obvious manipulative material. There must be a limit to how far you can go with giving yourself the wrap. Yet I know that recent km article about disfellowshipping was largely a serious of quotes from old wts, which I thought might alarm anyone inclined towards critical thinking. I realise I'm foolish to think like this, coz I know the saying "you can fool some of the people some of the time"......................

Marilyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit