Interesting Conversation

by CC Ryder 16 Replies latest jw friends

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

I had an interesting conversation at work yesterday while on break. Two work mates of mine started to talk about the JW Missionaries who were taken captive in the Philipines. One guy didn't understand why they would take a JW hostage. The other guy, I'll call him "Fred", spoke up as if he knew the whole story. He said "The muslim radical movement in the area is attacking Christian religions and JW's are the closest religion I know of to fit a true Christian religion." I told him I felt it was terrible what had happened and just went back to listening and waited for the subject to change.

Well, I listened about a few more minutes and decided to speak my mind. I asked them both if they were aware that the WTBTS is protecting Pedophiles and does not turn them in to the athourities and that after a short while of being internally discaplined, that they can go back out in public and knock at your door with the latest magazines. Fred spoke up right away. He said " Well, my ex-wifes parents are JW's and I know alot about this...those people who are coming forward are having a gripe against the WTS and they choose to lash out like that. The WTS uses the rule of having two witnesses to a wrongdoing in order to make a decision. So...." At this point I interupted and asked if he felt that Dateline and CNN would have aired this problem if they felt it was mere hearsay. I also told him I was raised as a JW and recently left because of the hypocrosy, lies and decete within the Org.

By now there was about five other people who joined to listen. Fred was getting aweful quiet and began to back-peddle a little. I asked him how a small child who is being molested by an adult in a private location has any "witnesses" to the crime. All you heard was everyone say...."GOOD POINT". He said " but I know alot of JW's and they are the best people I know." I told him I agreed that there are alot of good people who are JW's, but my point was not with the individuals but was with the small group of Old men up in NY who make all the policy's and form Elder bodies in Cong's to enforce their rules. He said " but they make it sound like it's widespread and is bigger than what is happening with the catholics." I told him about Bill Bowen and Silentlambs, and about the secretary at Bethel who discovered the thousands of cases from cong's all over the world that had been kept quiet. I also told him that Bill was only trying to get the WTS to change the way they handle cases of abuse, both Pedophile cases and spousal abuse cases. I told him that they answered his request by disfellowshipping him and his wife for their efforts.

Everyone around me was speechless. You could see disbelief on their faces. A few walked away very angry. Fred stayed a few more minutes with me and asked about my background. After talking with him he had a slightly different attitude towards the WTS.

Boy did I feel good!!

CC

• Celia
    Celia

Good for You CC !

But when JW apologists spew their well rehearsed explanations, you want to slap them awake, don't you !

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

CC Ryder,

Be sure to tell them that the two witness rule does not apply to criminal cases. This is why Christ allows the governments to exist and rule. Give Ceasar's things to Ceasar should be the rule instead of two witnesses. The verses that apply are:

Col. 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Such governments and authorities then should investigate criminal activity not the congregation, after all they were created for Him and by Him for this very purpose, to keep order on this earth until He returns.

Joseph

• Nikita
    Nikita

CC, you done good!

Nikita

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

A couple of months ago I over heard two of my co-workers talking about the molest going on in the JW organisation.First it started with one of them making Catholic jokes,how they like little boys.Then the other said the JW were into little girls.I was suprised they knew about it.I just smiled and kept doing my work.More people know about it than not.

• outnfree
    outnfree

WOOHOO!!!! Way to go, CC!

out

• COMF
    COMF

Man, I long to have a conversation like this. I really would like to be able to talk to someone and make a point that gets them thinking, especially a real JW. But no JWs ever call at my place, even when I'm at work! Where are they? This is Dallas, man! When I was still deluded, I visited JWs in Houston a lot. They had problems with covering their entire service territory in two weeks' time, and worried a lot about how they were going to get in the requisite service time without annoying their targets to the point of hostilities.

Seems things are not so tough, here in the other Texas big city.

• TR
    TR

Hey CC,

Good job, man. People need to get a dose of the reality of the 'hovah pedophile situation.

TR

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I told him about Bill Bowen and Silentlambs, and about the secretary at Bethel who discovered the thousands of cases from cong's all over the world that had been kept quiet.

That would be Barbara Anderson, and she was anything but a "secretary." Try "important researcher" for the Watchtower society. She even wrote Awake! articles and was the lead researcher for the society's "Proclaimers" books. Anything but "secretary."

Farkel

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Wow , CC ,, you were almost informal witnessing for SilentLambs,,,,,,,, way to go.....

Some things just make us have to stand up for the "real truth", and that was a great opportunity for you to do that. Put ole Fred on the right track, little seeds truth will spread and in time this will be the downfall of the WT. We have our part to do,,,,,,,, spread the word , we have to be patient ,but I am sure WT will go down. I know if I was a householder and someone came to my door, after watching dateline,,,,,, or hearing from someone (like you at work) , I would slam the door in their face.

I bet you felt a wonderful power after saying what you did,,,,,,, I hope to find someone to tell it too.

Let's go house to house and spread the real truth about JW's ... LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit