Seven006, Anyone Else Who Feels the same Way.

by Englishman 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Some years back, on H20, I would sometimes make posts that were generally ignored by the one person that I really wanted a response from:

Uncle Bruce!

Then one day I received an email from the Digger dahn Under. He said that he always enjoyed what I wrote, but rarely commented because he didn't feel that he had anything extra to add to what I had already written. He said that he couldn't just type in "Hear hear", or "Me too!", every time I made a post, and unless I cared to become more controversial I would't hear much more than that.

OK, so far so good. Now Dave has mentioned here, that I don't respond to his posts, not ever. And the reason is similar to that given by Uncle Brucie. I agree with most of what Dave says and don't feel that I have much to add. And he's always got these beautiful women a-fluttering round him too, and I ain't gonna try to compete with that!

There's lots of people that I don't respond to for this same reason. Some people that I don't get invoved much with, also happen to be people whom I care about very much. People like Amazing, Ozzie and HS get little response from me generally because I am normally in pretty near-complete agreement with the most of the time. Yet they are amongst my favourite people!

Besides, some people just HATE it when I respond to their threads..........!

Englishman. Calmed down now class.

• larc
    larc

Me too.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((((E-man))))))) *hear, hear* j/king

I still think very fondly of our visit to your lovely country and great BBQ. You along with others have great words of wisdom that I cannot add anything to. I detect a life well lived (beyond the wtbts) and humor much appreciated.

Please keep on keeping on. Your presence is a breath of fresh air. (ok, imho, I think it was some moon phase and we were all effected!)

Hugs,

j2bf

ps Larc, you beat me

Edited by - joy2bfree on 24 August 2002 9:18:20

• somebody
    somebody

Englishman,

Welcome back!

I find the same thing. There are lots of posts that i don't respond to because I'd find that I have nothing to add except for "Amen!" and such. Most of them are yours.

peace,

somebody

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Oh, that's nice, Eman!

Unc used to tell me that he'd go through the "Active" list and look out for those threads which had no replies. Then he'd think of something to say and post a reply. Just to encourage 'em, he'd say in his larrikin way!

Seems like Unc has been a big influence on many of us.

Anyway, now that we're enjoying the peace (Hope it's not the lull before the storm, eh? ) it's time to be thinking of that great event taking place in just a few hours time. Watford, eh? What are Pompey's chances, do ya think? You would imagine it'd be a shoe-in for Pompey.

Cheers, Ozzie

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

How nice of you to explain that in such an eloquent manner too. Helps me.

witchywoman

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Spot On!

Thirdson

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Very thought provoking

So many times I have read posts where people are disappointed that few people respond to their thread (and felt myself)

This could explain a lot

Thank you E-man

• Matty
    Matty

Hey, if you like a particular post a lot, but don't want to add any comments yourself, then why not rate the thread 5/5? I would be pleased to get no responses but have a highly rated post. I don't think this facility is used enough!

• patio34
    patio34

You hit the nail right on the head!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit