On the Relevancy of The Institutionalization of Sin

by Perry 131 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Perry,

"The Watchtower brainwashed us into believing that consciousness stops at the separation of the soul and body."

Perry, you should know that the Witnesses do not teach that there is a separation of soul and body. They believe that the soul is the body.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Finkelstein,

"I suppose if someone wanted to re institute slavery based from what they've read in the bible , you would stand behind that person 100 % , being that the bible is the true word of god and all."

There are in my estimate hundreds of thousands perhaps a few millions of Christians who want all the Old Testament civil laws to be enforced in this society. They are referred to as Reconstructionists (They call themselves Theonomists).

A seemingly small number but politically powerful out of proportion to their size.

• azor
    azor
    Perry you said existence is forever. Prove it.
  • flipper
    flipper

" Love of neighbor causes me to speak my mind at times , as it should for everyone. "

I disagree, didn't the Bible claim there's a " time to speak , and a time to refrain from speaking " ? I guess you missed THAT scripture in the Bible- or perhaps it's not in your version

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

Perry - All three of those ideologies believe that the worst thing that can happen to a person is non-existence at death.

If the idea is that this is the only life I have and I should treasure it and the people in it, and I get the most out of it and I try to make it a better place before I leave it, I think that's pretty good. If the idea is that you will go on after you are dead and therefore you can treat the life, the world, and people you know as inconsequential compared to the hope of an afterlife, that seems like hell to me.

Regardless, you do know that there is a difference between what is and what you desperately want. Right?

• Perry
    Perry

Village Idiot,

The separation of the soul and body is identical to what the Watchtower calls death. It is also identical to what materialists and naturalists call death. I simply used the biblical definition of death. At that moment of separation, the body will appear as if it is sleeping and start to decay rapidly. You however will be as much, or more conscious as you have ever been in your life. I have personally experienced something similar to this on 5 nearly consecutive days. As a result, I simply cannot be deceived by Watchtower nonsense or any other ideology in this particular regard. I have seen it for myself.

There is a biblical account in 1 Cor. 12: 2 that shows that things like this do occur from time to time:

I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven. And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— how he was caught up into Paradise

This man (probably Paul himself) experienced the rare occurrence of being in two places at the same time.

You and every single person reading this thread will be conscious forever. And, there is nothing you or anyone else in the universe can do to stop it. It is your destiny.

Now, getting back to the topic:

The reason I post things like I do is certainly not because I think they are popular. I post things like this because after a person is born again, your eyes open and you see what God would really like to do for you. He really, really does not not want to separate from you for eternity, unless you really and truly desire that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Ep6CrTSm0

• Village Idiot
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

God says no

So, be prepared to accept other things when God says YES.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Religionists like Perry do not accept human ignorance as a fact, particularly around sociological moral standards of ancient civilizations.

• azor
    azor
    Proof? Anecdotal is not proof?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit