by Perry 131 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

I suggest people who are interested in the biblical treatment of

slavery, rape, polygamy etc. look the subject up on :

www.christianthinktank.com

or

www.carm.org

All these subjects have been thoroughly researched.

• Perry
    Perry
    Can you expand on that last statement Finklestein? Don't quite get you on that.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. - Deuteronomy 22:28-29 New International Version

And yes, I know the rationalization that Judeo-Christians use in stating that those laws were ok back then for cultural reasons but that doesn't hold water. Why would God care about what other nations or cultures do and instead tell the Israelites not to do such things? What the Israelites were doing back then would be considered an abomination by most modern day Christians. So are Fundamentalists not aware that they themselves are supporting moral relativism in comparing today with yesteryear?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Simple really Perry the ancients were not knowledgeable about many things, one being human sexual behavior or why there is a abnormal indifference to typical male female relations.

In other words they saw gay people cursed by god or being as such from the inherent sin of Adam.

Just what like you think of homosexuality, but your not a ancient Hebrew living 2000 years ago. ????

• kaik
    kaik
    • A sin is a human construct
    • What you believe is irrelevant in society that is defined by sets of laws not by your religious conviction
    • Majority of humanity does not believe in Jesus, never did
    • What adults do in the privacy of their bedrooms is not your damn business
    • "God, in his wisdom gives people what they want..... complete freedom in him, or from him.". nonsense sentence with the use of words "giving, want, and freedom". Parents of children dying with cancer or people born with deformities would disagree with you. There is a saying "If God wants, he will bless someone with blindness".
  • Protarded
    Protarded
    Yo perry, since we all must now get gay married, you can be my Pokemon. I choose you theisous. I'll be your poke-master.😄
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God. - Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version

..........................................................................................+

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly. - Leviticus 25:44-46 NIV

• Protarded
    Protarded

Or you could quit giving a shite on what doesn't concern you. Apparently. Us sinners Are

egonna sin, that's what we do.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    The moral abominations and contradictions of the Bible can be found here. All that Perry's sources do is to cherry pick whatever is convenient to them without mention of the inconvenient scriptures. An example of an inconvenient set of scriptures is shown right above in my last post.
  • steve2
    steve2

I would prefer Perry articulates his own answers rather than provide links that claim to explain issues. It is like Witnesses who become flummoxed and lazily refer listeners to the publications ( or links) that simply expose the Witnesses as poorly schooled in explaining their own doctrines.

Perry assumes we have not read up already on Biblical apologetics. It is safe to assume that literalists are able to explain (away) and/or minimize or justify every egregious example of violence against peoples (en masse) in Scripture.They are nothing if not scrupulously thorough, leaving no act of divinely sanctioned muderous rage unexplained.

Don't palm us off on links without doing your own best, for example, to explain "divinely"-sanctioned child murder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit