Mod's Rants Should Remain On The Board!

by IslandWoman 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

SEX

-------edited to make the word sex bigger

------edited again to make the word sex even bigger still

-----edited yet again to make the word sex the BIGGEST, CAPPED, BOLDED, UNDERLINED and red

~~HBHSM

Edited by - Hyghlandyr on 23 August 2002 18:26:40

Edited by - Hyghlandyr on 23 August 2002 18:27:39

Edited by - Hyghlandyr on 23 August 2002 18:28:43

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Dave,

I think rules and those who enforce them are necessary to be able to keep all the crazies in line

I agree, but my point was about JWD's credibility. In this medium perception is very important, and I believe to allow a Mod to attack and then remove that attack is damaging to this DB. It would have been better to let it remain and for Englishman to make any apologies he felt necessary. Keeping things open is good.

IW

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Proper etiquette when visiting a friends house;

1.Wipe the crap off your shoes before entering.

2.Respect and follow the rules of the house.

3.If you spend your visit telling him he should change the rules, you will wear out your welcome.

This is Simons house, If you dont like it find the door!

BTW..Your opinion sounded more like a DEMAND!

There is a suggestion area at the bottom ..use it next time!!

• seven006
    seven006

IW,

I'm sorry and I hope this comment doesn't upset you but I compliantly disagree with you. This board has had way too many attacks on it especially in recent weeks. All this, he said, she said, stuff is crazy and somewhat childish. I do agree with you that apologies are very affective and brings the two opposing sides together at times. But, eliminating something that could cause hard feelings in the first place is better.

Not everyone needs to tell someone what they think. I have found myself that someone may say something I don't like. A lot of times that same person will either change their view or realize a mistake they had made at a little later date. Or I myself may realize that I misunderstood what they were saying and I am in fact wrong. If I was to jump on them before they changed their mind or I realized I misunderstood them I could possibly make an enemy. I don't like enemies, Iv had too many in my life and I don't like the icky feeling it gives me. I find that if I sit down, shut up and wait to see what happens, problems may take care of themselves and misunderstandings may clear up.

The biggest problems on this board are not derived from frequent little wars. They are from a very large war that was started before this board changed over to an exJW board. Now what we have are little battles from that one large war from another board a long time ago. The more battles that erupt, the more people get involved. The crazy thing is, most don't even know how it all started. They just want it to end and so do I.

I hope you understand my view. I understand yours and I think I understand why you have it. Either way, as long as we are not attacking each other while expressing our thoughts than everything is all right as far as I can see.

Take care,

Dave

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

LuckyLucy,

This is Simons house, If you dont like it find the door!

BTW..Your opinion sounded more like a DEMAND!

Calm down. If you read "demand" in my post then you have read wrong. As far as "finding the door" I believe that is Simon's decision don't you?

Nobody is attacking Simon on this thread. Save your vitriol for when that happens OK?

IW

• SYN
    SYN

Proper etiquette when visiting a friends website;

1.Wipe the CR/LF codes off your posts before submitting them.

2.Respect and follow the rules of the HTTP/CGI protocols.

3.If you spend your visit telling the server to change directories, you will wear out your modem.

This is Simons site, If you dont like it find the exit button!

BTW..Your HTTP query sounded more like a GET/HTTP1.0!

*g*

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Hey Simon: We need a "Mod Squad".........hehe

PS: SYN sould be a Mod.........I like his style

PS: This board is "publicly" supported with $$..........

Edited by - thichi on 23 August 2002 19:2:17

Edited by - thichi on 23 August 2002 19:4:40

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

..."The biggest problems on this board are not derived from frequent little wars. They are from a very large war that was started before this board changed over to an exJW board. Now what we have are little battles from that one large war from another board a long time ago. The more battles that erupt, the more people get involved. The crazy thing is, most don't even know how it all started."...

Worth repeating. Hell, even I dont know how it all started. Hey Dave, Ive hardly posted in a week. Ive made A couple of digs, true, but im tryin man. Im tryin real hard to keep my gob shut.As for other posting boards, where, apparently, Im being flamed to death, well, I dont even wanna look over there and I havent. Actually Dave, I admire the way your dealing with things around here at the moment, making a big joke out of it. Iver laughed out loud at some of your recent posts. Im thinking of emulating your example.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

What is the difference between Eman deleting his entire post or one of us going into our own post and deleting the entire text and leaving a full stop surrounded by emptiness???

No difference...except Eman is a moderator....he can't wipe his bum unless he asks for permisison first, and even then we will question it

Beck

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Actually Dave, I admire the way your dealing with things around here at the moment

I'll second that emotion!

*chanting Dave for President* LOL

Beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit