Mod's Rants Should Remain On The Board!

by IslandWoman 59 Replies latest jw friends

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Mods have power and with that power comes responsibility. No Mod should have his post deleted!

We all make mistakes, but we all do not have the luxury of having our mistakes covered over, and while that may not have been the intent it certainly was the impression given.

Englishman's post should be restored for the integrity of this DB.

IW

• Simon
    Simon

Mods follow the same rules as everyone else - if they post something that is stirring things up then it can be deleted.

Of course people can and do edit and delete their own messages so why should mods be any different? Wasn't part of the issue the refusal of people to edit their own messages?

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

He deleted his own post.Would'nt you agree that he has the freedom to?Have you ever changed your mind?

• ISP
    ISP

Deleting your own stuff is OK.

ISP

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi Simon,

Mods should not post something that stirs things up, but if they do then it should remain. They are not ordinary posters they are Mods!

If they do not have self-control then they should not be mods.

IW

• seven006
    seven006

I think E-man should hunt himself down, chew himself out, and kick his own butt. Then post pictures.

Deleting your own post after you have thought about it for a few minutes is a great asset to this board. Iv done it myself. It falls under the category of "what in the hell was I thinking."

If we couldn't change our own minds, we'd all still be JW's.

(Edited and deleted remark.) OK, I did it in two minutes.

Now watch, I am going to wait five minutes and come back and delete that last remark. The edit feature is great and can save lives!

Dave

Edited by - seven006 on 23 August 2002 17:49:20

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Sheesh!! Stop beating a dead horse already!! IW..is this your site? Nooooo...I think not!!

Seven...LMAO!!

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Dave,

Was it only a post or a thread that was removed?

Also, we all are here decrying the wrong use of power by the Borg, to in turn require the responsible use of power by Mods on this DB is good, IMO.

Don't you think?

IW

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

LuckyLucy,

I am not trying to beat a dead horse, I am just expressing my opinion. In the Org. I went along with everything they said, now I think for myself.

This thread is not about making trouble for JWD, it's about expressing an opinion which I think others have and in doing so attempting to help JWD.

IW

• seven006
    seven006

IW,

I forgot, I removed it already.

I think rules and those who enforce them are necessary to be able to keep all the crazies in line and keep the normal people from becoming the crazies. If we didn't have rules and those who enforce them I would have killed about a million stupid ass drivers on roads between California and New York. Rules like "don't shoot anyone" is one a good rule. If we didn't have rules like "don't piss someone off" we wouldn't need rules like "don't shoot anyone."

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit