my introduction, hello!

by jwbot 22 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

Hello jwbot,

Good name and so true. WELCOME! I am fairly new here myself. I wish that I was only 18 when I left the WT teachings. I wish you well. Sorry about your smiley faces, you worked so hard! love, dj

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hello jwbot,

So glad you are here. WELCOME!

Lately the playground here has been very full, with all types of individuals trying to express themselves. Sometimes things get out of hand, and Simon has to step in.

Apparently a chat room was shut down, which is Simon's call.

You sound like a very independent young lady. One word of advice though, if you don't mind. Speaking from experience, please don't place all your hopes and dreams into one individual, no matter how wonderful it is right now. Sometimes things change, and you find yourself unable to lean on that person, or rely on that person to be your best friend forever. I guess that's life, and that was my experience anyway. Just be strong within yourself and you will be alright.

Life is always just one day at a time.

Karen

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Since: Aug 22, 2002
    Re: my introduction, hello! Aug 23, 2002 02:00

Thanks everyone,
    You have no idea (actually you do!) how REFRESHING it is to find a place where everyone knows where I am coming from, and understands

You know, I was out 20 years and if you had asked me during that time if I need some sort of support system I would have said no, as I'm fully grown and have enough macho in me to make me stupid. Didn't realize how much I needed friends who understand where I've been until I discovered this board. Stick around a while, enjoy and learn. Glad you are with us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit