my introduction, hello!

by jwbot 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jwbot
    jwbot

Where to begin...
    I was never baptized but grew up in the "truth", age 0 to 18. My Dad is an elder. He once was proud of me. I was daddys little princess, but too opinionated for my own good. One day he told me that I was once his favorite...but he was now only dissapointed in me. That was the last I could take.
    I am attending college (a hard thing to achieve as a JW female, let me tell you) and I fell in love with a "worldly" guy in one of my classes. We have been engaged for 2 years now, getting married in December. We base our relationship on love, equality, and commitment...not outdated ritual and slavery. My parents have finally accepted this, something I fear is not common for others.
    I was unpopular in the congregation, having always been independant thinking and opinionated female. I would get pissed when my brother would have a BOYS ONLY super-bowl party ("what does a girl care about football anyway?"). I grew sick of the ideas of men in the congregations...and never understood the servant-like beliefs of the women. The elders are cruel with the exception of a rare few and the young men are bred to be sexist. The congregation is intolerant of other faiths to an arrogant and hateful level. I do not see love any more.
    I was a depressed kid too...go figure. No JW friends, and not allowed to have "wordly" friends. I am socially inept due to 18 years of limited social interaction and I am trying to make up for it now. I am 20 years old and now VERY happy with the way things have gone for me.
    My sisters still shun me, but who needs em anyway. I have a best friend (my fiance) who makes me happy, and I am happy to be getting a fine education and life experience I deserver.
    HI ALL!

I am here now because I am always interested in other peoples perspectives, especially on matters I may be able to contribute in. thanks!
    Also, where is this chat everyone keeps talking about?

• Crystal
    Crystal

Welcome!!! The chat room has been closed for a short time due to tech problems.BTW...
    Congradultions!!!!

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

I must warn you! This site is very addicting. Welcome...we are all a little (some alot)crazy here.You will laugh ,you will cry,but most of all you will feel like people REALLY understand where you are coming from.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Great intro, jwbot.
    Welcome to the forum.
    C U in chat sometime when itz back.

SPAZ

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

This is what I am talking about. This is what makes this forum so great, its people like you jwbot! I don't even know you, but I know your whole life story (well the abridged version at least). But so many here have similar experiences its great to come, talk and share our thoughts and experiences.

Thanks for coming and WELCOME!

• Mac
    Mac

Simon picked up his chat and went home! LOL

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the forum (such as it is), JWBOT!

This place is a fine cyber-home. Your story is so familiar, yet it's important that we share -- it helps us know the things we went through also were endured by others!

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Gopher

• jwbot
    jwbot

Thanks everyone,
    You have no idea (actually you do!) how REFRESHING it is to find a place where everyone knows where I am coming from, and understands. Wow. its great.
    Many smiley faces to you all
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

Welcome to the board jwbot!

• Simon
    Simon

Welcome jwbot and thanks for sharing your story with us

My experience of 'the truth' was from a male perspective but it was still crap and I've never been to a super-bowl party either (I'm picturing a giant bowl filled with punch or something? no? ]

Sorry the chat isn't on right now - I need to do some work on it and some people were abusing it. I will try to get it back as soon as possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit