What this board has done...

by Dawn 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

What this board has done..............for me.

I've only dropped in intermittently over the past month or so - and thought maybe now would be an appropriate time to point out some of the things I have gleaned from being here over the past year.

For several years after being DF'd I still had that nagging thought - "what if it is the truth...what if I just have a bad heart...what if my kids die at Armageddon because of me, what if, what if...". I was still in chains. Then I came here and found:

1) About the UN scandal.

2) About the abuse scandal.

3) About the JW History and false prophecies.

4) About brain washing and cults

5) About the flip-flopping on doctrinal issues

6) Interpretations of scriptures that makes more sense.

7) People who understood why I had questions - what I had been through - and how to break free.

8) Stories from individuals who had already been through what I was going through, and

9) Hope...as I could see that others had not only survived - but healed and were living happy lives.

10) People that I could share my stories with that really understand the meaning and depth behind them.

So for all the mud slinging and arguing that has errupted lately - I am STILL so greatfull to have found this place because I have been able to mine out those nuggets of gold that helped me break the chains!

Thank you Simon.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: 1) About the UN scandal.
    : 2) About the abuse scandal.
    : 3) About the JW History and false prophecies.
    : 4) About brain washing and cults
    : 5) About the flip-flopping on doctrinal issues
    : 6) Interpretations of scriptures that makes more sense.
    : 7) People who understood why I had questions - what I had been through - and how to break free.
    : 8) Stories from individuals who had already been through what I was going through, and
    : 9) Hope...as I could see that others had not only survived - but healed and were living happy lives. : 10) People that I could share my stories with that really understand the meaning and depth behind them.

So............What's your favorite pizza topping?

Farkel

• Dawn
    Dawn

Pineapple..........it goes best with my Margaritas!

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Farkel,

Your Dub Glossary thead is the best thing my exjw family and I have seen in a long time.(of course we don't get out much)

• Nikita
    Nikita

Well said, Dawn!!! Thank you Simon and Ang!!!!!!!!!!

Nikita

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Dawn what about that famous scripture, "By this all will know that you my diciples, IF you have love among yourselves?"

As to mug slinging and arguing, some folks need to be the king of the hill. What goes up, must come down!

Guest 77

• mamashel
    mamashel

Dawn, I agree 100% with what you said. I could not have said it more perfectly. I have only been on the board for a short time, but with almost a mental and physical breakdown from anxiety and fear the people and friends i have met here have been so helpful. Thanks for putting it so well!

Shelley

• seven006
    seven006

Fark,

Come on man, there's room for every topic, haven't we learned that yet? Not every thing has to be deep and meaningful. Think of your past relationships. I'll take the fluff over the bullshit childish wars of he said she said any day.

Dave

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thank you Dawn for succinctly summarizing the good things from this board.

Just as valuable are the friendships that are made that help us heal.

j2bf

ps don't let Farkel and Dave hijack this thread. Obviously they are needing some attention, again.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Well said, Dawn, well said. I hope a lot of people read your posts and realize what a terrific place this can be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit