What this board has done..............for me.
I've only dropped in intermittently over the past month or so - and thought maybe now would be an appropriate time to point out some of the things I have gleaned from being here over the past year.
For several years after being DF'd I still had that nagging thought - "what if it is the truth...what if I just have a bad heart...what if my kids die at Armageddon because of me, what if, what if...". I was still in chains. Then I came here and found:
1) About the UN scandal.
2) About the abuse scandal.
3) About the JW History and false prophecies.
4) About brain washing and cults
5) About the flip-flopping on doctrinal issues
6) Interpretations of scriptures that makes more sense.
7) People who understood why I had questions - what I had been through - and how to break free.
8) Stories from individuals who had already been through what I was going through, and
9) Hope...as I could see that others had not only survived - but healed and were living happy lives.
10) People that I could share my stories with that really understand the meaning and depth behind them.
So for all the mud slinging and arguing that has errupted lately - I am STILL so greatfull to have found this place because I have been able to mine out those nuggets of gold that helped me break the chains!
Thank you Simon.