Speeding ticket!

by FiveShadows 18 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi princess.

You must of seemed like a princess to the officer that stopped you.

Whether one gets cited for a traffic offense often depends on the officers mood and the projected appearance of the of the auto and the passengers and driver. If all of this indicates a clean good family like situation with young ones and the driver and others smile and are cordial rather than defensive and surly things will always go better. You may still get cited but for a lesser or lower speed than the actual speed.

Cars get pulled over and stopped for things as little as a license plate that is wired on instead of bolted on. Why? This indicates a cavalier attitude to the officer and also is an indication of a possibly stolen auto or a switch of plates. It is another situation of first impressions. Like the first time you meet some one and shake hands, there is an impression of that person.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Being a citizen of the greatest state in the U.S. (Texas) I learned the hard way about some driving laws. My teenage daughter received a ticked for no seatbelt which cost $75.00 and they tell me could have been a lot higher but she told the Judge how sorry she was an talked in her best little girl pleading tone. I have, so far, managed to keep my insurance paid up and don't even want to know what the fine could be for no liability could be.

• LB
    LB

Don't drive without insurance. If not for your sake, for the sake of others.

• professor
    professor

In Wisconsin we don't need no insurance. We just pay the auto shop guy with cheese and beer.

• obiefernandez
    obiefernandez

While I was flying down the road yesterday (only 10 mph over the speed limit) I noticed a cop with a radar gun sitting on top of a bridge. The cop pulled me over, walked up to the car and asked me, "What's the hurry?"

I replied, "I'm late for work."

"Oh yeah," said the cop, "what do you do?"

I responded, "I'm a rectal stretcher."

The cop said "What's a rectal stretcher do?"

I said, "Well, I work until I can slowly stretch it until it's about 6 foot wide."

The cop asked me, "What the hell do you do with a 6 foot asshole?"

I simply replied, "You give him a radar gun and park him on top of a bridge..."

The ticket - - $ 95.00

The look on his face - - PRICELESS

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Well Obie.

At that point I would have had ncic and state check run for wants and warrants. Again.

Also I sure wouldn't want you driving an unsafe auto So it would need checked over.

Don't drop that carbon from the ticket. Littering you know.

I bet I could find probable cause to search the auto. What might I find?

By this time back up would arrive code 1, what might they be able to think up?

It is the rare car or person that one can't find other violations for.

Then if you have an accident and are bleeding out what if I showed up? Would I hold your pressure points to keep you alive till the pm get there? I might not feel like it but I Damned sure would try to save your life.

• Princess
    Princess

Good to know ooto. The last time I was pulled over was about seven years ago, didn't get a ticket then either. I don't know what it is but getting pulled over scares me to death. I couldn't be anything but nice. He did ask about my driving record and I told him it was perfect. He checked me out and found I wasn't lying. I was out of state and with my friend and we really did have four kids in the back snoozing. That's gotta help

Rachel

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Beg Borrow or whatever to pay the fine. Then don't drive w/out insurance. Better to wait if you have to.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Oh Shadows.

One thing slipped my mind. Most states require a patrol cars speedometer to be certified. That is checked and certified as accurate every 6 months or some thing close to that. It may differ from state to state.

Anyway you at court could ask for proof of up to date certification on the patrol cars speedometer. This also applies to radar and other speed detecting instruments. If the officer can not produce an up to date certification of accuracy for his equipment "not his the cars" and any instruments-- you know what I mean. Then the accusation by the officer may be thrown out of court.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit