Words we no longer use

by sleepy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Quotes......LMAO!!! Warming up the printer!
  • sleepy
    sleepy

Secular.I hate that word.

There was always someone who would put "secular" before everything, secular work, secular entertainment secular this that and the other.

• SYN
    SYN

Theocratic Ministry School (heh, can't imagine that one coming up in any of my day-to-day convos!)

Circuit/District Overseer

Field Service

Elder

There are too many to count! I think my vocabulary dropped by about 10% when I exited Assimilation!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Rely on Jehovah = cross your arms and go on welfare

In The Truth = knows everything

Brother/Sister = pseudo friend

The Brudders = Brain Police/storm troopers

Pioneer = busy body

Are you going to meeting, or I'll see you at meeting. What hell is that?

Fredhall

Edited by - Dismembered on 22 August 2002 13:22:1

• JBean
    JBean

Oh! I have one: how 'bout "remnant"... it always reminded me of carpets!!! hee!

• link
    link

Or how about "ones" as in "ones comming along"?

link

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Quotes: Too funny.

Here's another phrase: "Spritual truths" (My mom always prounced as "trooz"....I still hear it)

Translation: Watchtower propaganda (as in no normal, sane person reading the bible would come up with that interpretation...)

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

On a related note...

"Food at the proper time"

Translation: some of the more serious WT propaganda, not to be presented to new ones too early, or they'll bolt for sure

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

Re: sleepy

What do you mean"words we no longer use" i love all those words like last days,great crowd,brother,elder in fact i love those words so much i call people brother and sister in the street and i call my family the great crowd due to my dad having 14 kids,i call my dad elder,my wife sister,i call the local park paradise and i call bad things demonized.

Anyway what you doing with the k-bulls.

I wanna try the k-bulls also did you find out the prices and times to get to destination ?

• dsgal
    dsgal

Making progress

Time sheets

Bad association

Armageddon

In the truth

Worldly person

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit