Words we no longer use

by sleepy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

What are some words and phrases we no longer use (except when writing here) that we used to use as witnesses.

heres some,

Theocratic, other crowd, this system of things, new order

• Larry
    Larry

You'll find an entire list at:

HYPERGLOSSARY of American English HackerTHEOCRATESE http://jehovah.to/glossary/index.html

But here are a few -

A day for a year

Turn in your time

Caring for the accounts

Accurate knowledge

a.ga'pe

Spirit-anointed

Appointed elder

Assignment slip

Babylon the Great

Peace and Security - LL

Edited by - Larry on 22 August 2002 12:16:24

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I try to say Jehovah but can't seem to stop laughing everytime I do.

Field Service

public reproof (sp)

many more ubt most have been covered.

• Matty
    Matty

I'm trying to give up calling people folk. You hear it all the time at the hall and in the publications. I've only recently realised that real folk, erm, people never use that word!

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

I have been out for many many years..what do they say instead of "worldy people" now? And the others that where mentioned ..what do they say now in place of them?

• writerpen
    writerpen

"truth"

• Larry
    Larry

Thanks Matt - I was seriously wondering was I use 'Folk(s)' all the time - Now I know.

Peace and Security - LL

• Quotes
    Quotes

Here are a few with my Post-JW translations:

JW ------------------------------------------------------ Post JW translation and/or definition

field service ----------------------------------------- door knocking

Jehovah ----------------------------------------------- Jahoobie

Faithful and Discreet Slave ------------------- cult leaders

The Society ---------------------------------------- the cult, the publishing corporation

The Organziation -------------------------------- the cult, the publishing corp

last Saturday in the month ------------------ yet another day to enjoy life

blood transfusion ------------------------------- life saving medical procedure

remnant, annointed --------------------------- old timers who think they are special

spiritual food ------------------------------------- crap, books and magazines, propaganda, cult indoctrincation material

unspiritual ---------------------------------------- fun stuff you now can enjoy, like art, culture, career, socializing

worldly carreer ---------------------------------- doing what you want and making the most of it

ministerial servant ---------------------------- low level cult official

elder ----------------------------------------------- mid-level cult official

Circuit Overseer ------------------------------ high-level cult official

District Overseer ----------------------------- higher level cult official

Zone Overseer -------------------------------- really high level cult official

Bethel ------------------------------------------- The Compound

bethelite ---------------------------------------- cult member privileged to live in THE COMPOUND

Pioneer ----------------------------------------- more involved cult member, more cultish than basic members

publisher --------------------------------------- cult follower

roving mics ----------------------------------- tool used to permit cult followers to TESTIFY!!!!, forced labour

prayer ------------------------------------------ pretentious attempt to talk to Jahoobie

The World ------------------------------------ All art, culture, and 99.9% of the people, the cult has TARGETED FOR TERMINATION

The United Nations ----------------------- Doing the best they can with the tools they've got... oh yeah, and they have a great library too!

This Wicked System of Things ----- my friends and neighbours, my government, CIVILIZATION

Gog of Magog ----------------------------- ???????????? There is a Magog in Ontario, Canada, if that helps ???!!!!

Armageddon ------------------------------- Music album

Wicked Spirits ---------------------------- figment of cult leader's imagination, boogey-man

Brooklyn ----------------------------------- Borough of NYC, not as nice as Manhatten, nicer than Queens?

Edited to add:

apostate ---------------------------------- former member smart/lucky enough to escape the cult; ME

Edited by - Quotes on 22 August 2002 12:22:46

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

See Farkels post if you are heading that way...blah blah.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=6021&site=3

• metatron
    metatron

The one that used to kill me was "young ones".

This always reminded me of the Conehead sketch on Saturday Night Live,
    with Dan Ackroyd as Beldar.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit