NEWSPAPER ARTICLE ON SHUNNING, DF'ING, SILENTLAMBS

by ErieGuy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ErieGuy
  • StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Excellent article. I liked how they primarily focused on the shunning and child abuse but also the history of the Watchtower, the false prophecy and how Witnesses think they'll be the only ones saved.

A nice overview of the cult.

• patricia
    patricia

Excellent factual and concise article. I'm wondering if we could e-mail this to Oprah as part of the campaign to get her to do a show on Silent Lambs and to her Doctor friend who now has his own show and was talking about doing a show on religious shunning? It also might help Silent Lambs be nominated for the "Use Your Life Award" on Oprah.

• ErieGuy
    ErieGuy

SP and Pat:_______

This is one of the BEST ALL-AROUND ARTICLES EVER, which should be forwarded to all local media, churches, etc.______

This article really does an excellent job bringing all the various issues together to give an accurate depiction of life inside the JW CULT.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Great Article.

Don't forget to thank or send your comments to Sharon Tubbs or the St. Petersburg Times.

http://connect.sptimes.com/contactus/newsrooms.htm

Edited to add, Thanks Erie Guy for posting this!!!!

Edited by - cassiline on 22 August 2002 8:12:35

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Ya you can't vote if you live in certain country's, I know for a fact they can vote in Venzuela.

• scumrat
    scumrat

Nice to see the TRUTH being spread.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"It's not an unusual occurence, as far as we're concerned," he said.

But I would say it's a rather upsetting occurence for those involved ........................... A rather impersonal / unpassionate comment from Brown.

Just a quickie to Trauma_Hound about venezuela: Yes, they vote, but they vote blank.

• minimus
    minimus

How do you KNOW they vote blank? What type of message does it send to "worldly people"? HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Great article.

Thanks for posting it ErnieGuy.

I know in their own spiritual reasoning the leaders of JWs are still justifying disfellowshipping. I hope the R&F will wake up and smell the roses and refuse to participate in such barbaric actions.

j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit